which beach in Aruba

elvisfan

All I have ever heard about Aruba was that the beaches are beautiful. Seeing we will only be there for one day on our cruise which is the best bet to take in all of Aruba. Will be venturing off in a taxi so not looking to go to far from the peir.( :eek: I worry about traffic and getting back late or lost) Looking for soft sand, beach chairs to rent, decent bathroom and a source for a frozen margarita and someting for lunch. Suggetions please????

Will be venturing off in a taxi so not looking to go to far from the peir.( :eek: I worry about traffic and getting back late or lost)
The island is only 26 miles long. Oranjestad is close to excellent beaches. By taxi 5 -10 minutes to Eagle Beach or 10 -15 minutes to Palm Beach. All total 3 - 6 miles. http://www.frommers.com/images/destinations/maps/jpg/176_aruba.jpg

The taxi driver will not get lost (again, the island ain't that big). If you are stressing over missing your ship, do as I do, and account for some time for "padding" between the end of your beach visit and your time back on the ship. In this circumstance 45 minutes or even an hour would be plenty of time.

Archived