Travel Insurance

crusin'2

Has anyone purchased travel insurance that is not through Royal Caribbean that you were happy with? We did not purchase our air or hotel through Royal so therefore need other travel insurance. Nervous about insurers not covering COVID issues that may come up.

Thank you!

Lisa

27 minutes ago, crusin'2 said:

Has anyone purchased travel insurance that is not through Royal Caribbean that you were happy with? We did not purchase our air or hotel through Royal so therefore need other travel insurance. Nervous about insurers not covering COVID issues that may come up.

Thank you!

Lisa

We always book ours through insuremytrip.com. They're an on-line broker with multiple company offerings. We purchased Nationwide and Travel Guard through them. The will explain their COVID coverage right on their website. Both Nationwide and Travel Guard will cover you if you fall ill with COVID.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

I recommend Steve at Want to Understand How Trip Cancellation Insurance Works? 888-407-3854 Get the Best Trip Insurance Details, Advice (tripinsurancestore.com)

However, I'm not sure what you mean by " We did not purchase our air or hotel through Royal so therefore need other travel insurance." 

Agree...Steve or one of his associates are the best...talk to them directly OP !!!

• Like 1

We have used Travel Safe Insurance for all of our trips, cruise and/or land vacations; on two past trips we have had to be reimbursed bc of (1) an illness and (2) snowstorm.  I showed the evidence of reasoning for the cancellations, no issues with the Company and when our next trip is ready, hopefully this time next year, we will use them again.

• Like 1

We use Allianz  AllTrips Premier Plan.  The Plan Coverage is provided for all family members residing in the same household, excluding service animals, Emergency Medical/Dental Coverage is secondary, for Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Coverages, the maximum benefit limit is per coverage period for all insureds, the maximum trip length is 90 days, and Rental Car Damage and Theft Coverage maximum benefit limit is per trip for all insureds.  Mine covers COVID illnesses. And much more.  We have never needed to use it but I wanted it for the extended periods of more than 30-45 days.  We get it on an annual basis.

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

I recommend Steve at Want to Understand How Trip Cancellation Insurance Works? 888-407-3854 Get the Best Trip Insurance Details, Advice (tripinsurancestore.com)

However, I'm not sure what you mean by " We did not purchase our air or hotel through Royal so therefore need other travel insurance." 

I was told by Royal Caribbean that their insurance will only cover what's purchased through Royal Caribbean. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crusin'2 said:

I was told by Royal Caribbean that their insurance will only cover what's purchased through Royal Caribbean. 

That is correct. Unless it has changed recently, RC insurance does not cover your purchase of air and hotel, unless purchased from them. Only the cruise. We usually purchase through Insure My Trip, too. But we didn't purchase for cruises through September, because they will be reimbursed through Cruise With Confidence. Our medical covers emergencies everywhere. Flights are with SWA. Hotels, should we book, will be refundable. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, crusin'2 said:

Just a hint. Covering air travel and your hotels is just giving away money.

Airlines are going to give you a credit for future travel if you have to cancel. Travel insurance will consider this as full reimbursement and will not pay out.

Hotels let you cancel up to 48 hours in advance, so, not sure what you're insuring against.

Let's face it. Insurance is not a catch all that will guarantee that you get all your money back should stuff hit the fan. Insurance is risk sharing against catastrophic losses. The way some of us look at travel insurance is we ask ourselves what losses can we absorb? and what losses will financially ruin us? Losing $200 on a hotel while disappointing will not ruin me. $50K medical bill would put me into default. So, which do I self-insure vs. which do I share the risk?