A couple of Vancouver questions

Yehootu

Hello,

1) What's the difference between the Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver and the Pan Pacific Vancouver?

2) Does the Taxi zone fares only originate from the airport, or can you catch a cab from an airport hotel for the same zone fare?

Our flight doesn't get in till 5pm. I've stayed at the Fairmont Hotel at the airport many times( airline crew layover hotel ) and it's a fantastic location if we have to catch cab from airport.  We also stayed at the airport Executive House and downtown at the Pan Pacific.If we can get a cab from a hotel, what airport hotel do you recommend?

Mahalo!

3 hours ago, Yehootu said:

Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver and the Pan Pacific Vancouver

Same thing

3 hours ago, Yehootu said:

Does the Taxi zone fares only originate from the airport, or can you catch a cab from an airport hotel for the same zone fare?

Depends on which airport hotel.  Fairmont Vancouver Airport shares the same taxi depot, so it's a fixed rate downtown.

1 hour ago, xlxo said:

Same thing

Depends on which airport hotel.  Fairmont Vancouver Airport shares the same taxi depot, so it's a fixed rate downtown.

Same hotel, sure seems strange as I can get a booking from both hotels with the Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver having lower rates.

If at an off airport "airport" type hotel, i assume the taxi then runs on a meter. I'd be looking for a hotel with airport transportation and go back to airport to catch taxi. Any idea how much a metered cab would be from off airport?

Returning from the ship, do the taxi's charge meter or fixed rate?

Mahalo

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

Same hotel, sure seems strange as I can get a booking from both hotels with the Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver having lower rates.

If it's the same address (999 Canada Place) then it's definitely the same hotel.  Waterfront Hotel Vancouver | Pan Pacific Vancouver Official Site

It's $36 fixed from airport to the Pan Pacific.  https://www.yvr.ca/-/media/yvr/documents/transportation/yvr-taxi-zone-fares.pdf

You can use a site like Taxi-Calculator.com - Get your Taxi Fare now! to get a general meter rate.  Of course with congestion, prices can go up.

Are you arriving on a 3 ship or a megaship day?  Taxi lines can be a few hours long and many use the Skytrain (subway) for $4.35.

With regards to airport hotels.  Fairmont Vancouver Airport is right at the airport.  Cheaper and with convenient Skytrain access downtown (20 min) would be the Vancouver Airport Raddison.  Check travel sites for your dates for accurate pricing.

11 hours ago, xlxo said:

If it's the same address (999 Canada Place) then it's definitely the same hotel.  Waterfront Hotel Vancouver | Pan Pacific Vancouver Official Site

It's $36 fixed from airport to the Pan Pacific.  https://www.yvr.ca/-/media/yvr/documents/transportation/yvr-taxi-zone-fares.pdf

You can use a site like Taxi-Calculator.com - Get your Taxi Fare now! to get a general meter rate.  Of course with congestion, prices can go up.

Are you arriving on a 3 ship or a megaship day?  Taxi lines can be a few hours long and many use the Skytrain (subway) for $4.35.

With regards to airport hotels.  Fairmont Vancouver Airport is right at the airport.  Cheaper and with convenient Skytrain access downtown (20 min) would be the Vancouver Airport Raddison.  Check travel sites for your dates for accurate pricing.

Thank-you so much for all the info.

Aloha

12 hours ago, xlxo said:

We arrive at 5:30 so that's day ships should be gone. On the day we depart, only 2 ships.

How far is the train depot from the Raddison, that was actually a hotel I was looking at.

Mahalo again for all your help.

Aloha

Vancouver Airport Raddison on No 3 has a shuttle that can pick you up at the airport.  The shuttle takes just 10 minutes to get to the hotel.  I do recommend an East facing room to minimize train noise.

When you are ready to leave...

I should add... this hotel is in the middle of our Asian district.  If you like nice Chinese food, you will be surrounded with options!

Edited by xlxo

On 2/19/2022 at 1:47 PM, Travel Lady in CT said:

I saw a reference to a "3 ship or mega ship" day. How do you know what ships will be in port when you arrive?

The pdf is at:  https://www.portvancouver.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/2022-Cruise-Ship-Schedule-DRAFT-as-of-Feb-15-2022.pdf

Port authority web page is at:  https://www.portvancouver.com/cruise/cruise-schedule/

Obviously cruise ships can make changes however that is currently what the port has as dock bookings. 

On 2/17/2022 at 9:12 AM, xlxo said:

Vancouver Airport Raddison on No 3 has a shuttle that can pick you up at the airport.  The shuttle takes just 10 minutes to get to the hotel.  I do recommend an East facing room to minimize train noise.

When you are ready to leave...

I should add... this hotel is in the middle of our Asian district.  If you like nice Chinese food, you will be surrounded with options!

Mahalo, that answered all my questions. Final payment made, looks like were going.

• Like 1