Traveling with Grandkids living in different city

Hello Steve, I have used your company quite a bit, also have spoken to you on a few occasions. You and your company are the best. my question is the wife and I live in Arkansas, our grandkids age 12 and 13 live in Florida, normally when we cruise, I buy a policy from you and put state of residence as Arkansas for me and the grandkids is it ok to do that or do I need 2 policies one for us listing Arkansas and one for the grandkids listing Florida. I was reading over Q & A and it got me thinking about this. Maybe because they are minors, I am able just to use my state of Arkansas for the policy. I also want to thank you and your workers for being so knowledgeable and willing to take the time and patients to answer our questions. Thank You, it's always a pleasure talking to you and learning from you. Thanks Again  

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Gilford57 said:

I am curious on this one too.  Some plans give free coverage to minors traveling with you, but what happens if they live in a different state?

Hi Gilford57,

All the plans that cover children that are family members for free or a lower cost require that all the people listed on the policy need to reside at the same address.

Steve Dasseos

On 2/17/2022 at 7:40 PM, justhavingfun said:

Hello Steve, I have used your company quite a bit, also have spoken to you on a few occasions. You and your company are the best. my question is the wife and I live in Arkansas, our grandkids age 12 and 13 live in Florida, normally when we cruise, I buy a policy from you and put state of residence as Arkansas for me and the grandkids is it ok to do that or do I need 2 policies one for us listing Arkansas and one for the grandkids listing Florida. I was reading over Q & A and it got me thinking about this. Maybe because they are minors, I am able just to use my state of Arkansas for the policy. I also want to thank you and your workers for being so knowledgeable and willing to take the time and patients to answer our questions. Thank You, it's always a pleasure talking to you and learning from you. Thanks Again  

Hi justhavingfun,

Did I miss a question you asked? If so, what part is the question?

Steve Dasseos

Hello Steve , my question is my home state is Arkansas , but my grandkids live in Florida with there Mother . They are 12 and 13 now .We take them cruising every year .Normally I include them on my policy. But because they live in another state , how do I go about insuring them ? Can I buy a policy for minors only from there home state ( Florida) What do I need to do . Thank You 

18 hours ago, justhavingfun said:

Hello Steve , my question is my home state is Arkansas , but my grandkids live in Florida with there Mother . They are 12 and 13 now .We take them cruising every year .Normally I include them on my policy. But because they live in another state , how do I go about insuring them ? Can I buy a policy for minors only from there home state ( Florida) What do I need to do . Thank You 

Hi justhavingfun,

Yes, you may buy a policy for them even though they are minors.

If you want to know exactly the right policy to buy for your trip, neither CruiseCritic nor myself want you to put any personally identifiable or private information in a public forum. You may email me at steve@tripinsurancestore.com or call me at 1-888-407-3854 and I will help you.

Steve Dasseos