WS-GTY on Royal Caribbean?

snr1293

We bought a suite guarantee for 2 of our upcoming cruises this year on Voyager of the Seas. The category we have listed on our confirmation is WS-GTY. We have only had JS-GTY in the past, so we didn’t have the possibility to be in a better suite.

How likely are we to get something better than a Junior suite? Do they give upgrades to RoyalUp offers first and assign their rooms before assigning GTY rooms so that they can possibly make money off of the upgrade? I get that from a business perspective, but wouldn’t be so nice to loyal guests lol

Have you ever personally had a WS-GTY and gotten something better than a JS? When I looked at available rooms on our cruises, one of them has almost every single Grand Suite and Owners Suite still available, but I can’t check how many JS available because they are only offering JS guarantees. The other sailing, there are more JS available and only about 5 or so of the owners suites and 5 or so of Grand suites available, so I’m expecting a JS for that one which I’m totally fine with!

Thanks so much!

Had a WS GTY on Navigator last month.  Ship sailed with 560 passengers. Ended up with a JS, a JS that was a connecting JS , and a connecting JS that was also occupied. Bookings were closed a few weeks before sail date so no chance to change cabins.  OH WELL, we only sailed for the quad points. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, snr1293 said:

How likely are we to get something better than a Junior suite?

Over 95% of chance you will be assigned to JS based on previous experience.

4 hours ago, snr1293 said:

When I looked at available rooms on our cruises, one of them has almost every single Grand Suite and Owners Suite still available, but I can’t check how many JS available because they are only offering JS guarantees.

If JS is already on guarantee status, then it increases your chance for WS to be upgraded to higher categories. Wish you will win the lottery!

23 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Over 95% of chance you will be assigned to JS based on previous experience.

If JS is already on guarantee status, then it increases your chance for WS to be upgraded to higher categories. Wish you will win the lottery!

Thank you so much for your response! I will be happy with a JS but it would be awesome to have something higher!

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

You can always dream.  You never know.  Dreams do come true.  When the stats align great things happen.  Just don’t be disappointed if you get a JS.  

We had this for a Jewel cruise, that was eventually cancelled,  and got a panoramic ov, which we didn't want.  It was considered a step up from a js, with more benefits.  2 bedrooms,  2 baths, etc but no balcony.  The balcony was a deal breaker for me.  Had ta fight it and got our js.  Not sure why they would give us a cabin that slept 8 when we were only 2.  Oh well it actually didn't matter. 

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

You can always dream.  You never know.  Dreams do come true.  When the stats align great things happen.  Just don’t be disappointed if you get a JS.  

Agree. Been many yrs last time I did a WS, only got JS but was Me/Kids first Suite and only Second Cabin ever had a Balcony... To OP, Good Luck!

6 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

We had this for a Jewel cruise, that was eventually cancelled,  and got a panoramic ov, which we didn't want.  It was considered a step up from a js, with more benefits.  2 bedrooms,  2 baths, etc but no balcony.  The balcony was a deal breaker for me.  Had ta fight it and got our js.  Not sure why they would give us a cabin that slept 8 when we were only 2.  Oh well it actually didn't matter. 

They cant give them away. Cheapest Upgrade Bid listed on all my Cruises starting at $50. Did also miss Balcony but was Kool had it SOLO on 13nite Repo on Brilliance AND was cheaper then my originally Booked small Balcony Cabin

Edited by ONECRUISER

• 4 weeks later...

So there's a difference among Suite Guarantees?  JS-GTY?  W?

I booked a Suite Guarantee.  My category is simply listed as #GTY on Royal's website.  The message I got when selecting said:  

You selected a Guaranteed Stateroom

Your room is guaranteed at minimum in the category selected and will be assigned prior to sailing.

Today I got an 'invitation' for RoyalUp. Should I put in a bid or roll the dice and see what I get assigned?  I was kinda hoping for an Owners Suite or maybe even a Loft.

35 minutes ago, tlatrice said:

So there's a difference among Suite Guarantees?  JS-GTY?  W?

I booked a Suite Guarantee.  My category is simply listed as #GTY on Royal's website.  The message I got when selecting said:  

You selected a Guaranteed Stateroom

Your room is guaranteed at minimum in the category selected and will be assigned prior to sailing.

Today I got an 'invitation' for RoyalUp. Should I put in a bid or roll the dice and see what I get assigned?  I was kinda hoping for an Owners Suite or maybe even a Loft.

You’ll be rolling the dice either way…. 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 10:34 PM, ONECRUISER said:

They cant give them away. Cheapest Upgrade Bid listed on all my Cruises starting at $50. Did also miss Balcony but was Kool had it SOLO on 13nite Repo on Brilliance AND was cheaper then my originally Booked small Balcony Cabin

How was it cruising solo?  I may be doing that on my upcoming cruise if my son can't make it.

16 minutes ago, tlatrice said:

How was it cruising solo?  I may be doing that on my upcoming cruise if my son can't make it.

For me Relaxing. Though much to do if want, Singles Lunches and Get Together's at Lounges. Made some great long term Friends this way that wouldn't have if was traveling with the Family. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MichFish said:

Mine says Suite GTY.    I assumed that was Jr Suite.    Is it?    I’m on Radiance of the Seas. 

Unless it’s a specific category of suite GTY, then it’s the same as the WS GTY, meaning you get a JS most of the time. 

Edited by Biker19

We were on Jewel in December.  Were to stay on for the 1/9 cruise  that was cancelled. We were going to change cabins and we booked a JS GTY. It showed as ws gty. We were only 2 people.  They assigned us a panoramic suite.  Sleeps 8. No balcony and no window in the bedrooms. Yes more perks but was not happy.   Ta was able to get it changed to a regular js.  Of course it didn't matter as the cruise was cancelled.  The space had previously been a CL.