Trawick International vs IMG

gatec1008

I'm researching travel insurance policy for our upcoming trip in March.  I have narrowed my choices to Trawick International's Safe Travels Voyager Plan and IMG's SE Plan.  Both plans provide similar coverages and cost is almost the same.  We are more concern about the trip delay, medical evacuation, and emergency medical coverages due to COVID.  Please share your experience if you have used one of these companies in the past.  It will help us finalize our decision.

• Like 1

Both policies offer good coverage for your specific concerns. The difference may lie in customer service and the claims process. 

If you can’t find good information on that, consider buying from a broker who can advise and assist as necessary. There is no extra cost because insurance is regulated by the states.

Some travel insurance websites offer a no-complaint guarantee, but I don’t know how well that works since they still have reviews from people unhappy with the experience.

Many here recommend Trip Insurance Store. They do sell policies from IMG as well as a few other companies they know and trust.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I'm in the same situation except the insurance is $100 more for the IMG SE plan.  The Trip Insurance Store has IMG but not Trawick.  I know that they will help with a claim if needed and hopefully we won't need it....so I'm just not sure.  I have to do it soon because I want preexisting conditions covered.  Any one had to file a claim with Trawick or IMG?

If trip delay is a major concern, take another look at that provision in each policy along with trip interruption.

It appears that Trawick combines costs for delay and return travel in its trip delay provision whereas IMG provides a per person per day allowance up to a cap for hotel, meals, misc. resulting from trip delay. The trip interruption provision in IMG covers return transportation as well as unused prepaid nonrefundable expenses.

The consequence is that the trip delay provision under Trawick may not be as generous as it first appears because it has to cover everything - meals, hotels, and return travel. IMG separates those expenses into two provisions. Do some math to determine the level of coverage that makes you comfortable.

I have used Travel Insured International in the past and actually had to file a claim with them in 2011 for a trip canceled due to medical.  I'll have to relook at their policies but I think they were a lot more expensive.  ....I did just relook at their policy but it only has 10k in emergency medical and to me, that is not enough.

Edited by vermonter16

1 hour ago, vermonter16 said:

Lol, this is why I get so confused.  I spend so much time trying to figure it out and then realize I don't really know anything in the end.

If you feel overwhelmed, consult a professional like Steve Dasseos or one of his agents at Trip Insurance Store. They can help you get the right policy for you. 

Make a list of your questions and priorities before you call. You can study any policy they recommend before you decide whether to buy. It does not cost any more to benefit from their expertise and assistance because insurance is regulated.

5 hours ago, Babr said:

If you feel overwhelmed, consult a professional like Steve Dasseos or one of his agents at Trip Insurance Store. They can help you get the right policy for you. 

Make a list of your questions and priorities before you call. You can study any policy they recommend before you decide whether to buy. It does not cost any more to benefit from their expertise and assistance because insurance is regulated.

I did go ahead and email Steve and I am going to go with the IMG SE plan as it has everything covered that I am looking for.  One thing that really swayed me was that if I wind up having to file a claim, I know that Steve's office will help if needed.

• Like 1