Is a bc part of the snorkel rental?

HERKIMER417

I'll be in Key West in 16 days. DW and I expect to do some snorkeling on a tour boat. The tour web sites all say they have rentals.

My question is - Is a BC part of the equipment rental? :confused: or should I be prepared to bring my own.

thanks

I'll be in Key West in 16 days. DW and I expect to do some snorkeling on a tour boat. The tour web sites all say they have rentals.

My question is - Is a BC part of the equipment rental? :confused: or should I be prepared to bring my own.

thanks

BC stands for bouyancy compensator. It is a piece of scuba gear. You will not need it to snorkel.

However, you may be thinking of a horse collar flotation vest. That is MUCH different than a BC.

Some people use flotation vests when snorkeling and some don't. Some operators require it. If they do, they will certainly provide it.

D.

Thanks Texas

My inexperience has shown thru.

I thank you for the correction. :)

The basis of the question is from an incident 2 years ago. DW, DD and myself did the catamaran-snorkel tour in Nassau, that we booked thru RCCI.

That operator insisted we use standard life jackets. Bulky and

ill-fitting, and as you can guess made it impossible to go beneath the surface and see any coral or fish up close.

A very frustrating time for all who had cameras and wanted to get some good shots. :mad:

Because of that experience, I was attempting to avoid - in advance - another Nassau problem.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks Texas

My inexperience has shown thru.

I thank you for the correction. :)

The basis of the question is from an incident 2 years ago. DW, DD and myself did the catamaran-snorkel tour in Nassau, that we booked thru RCCI.

That operator insisted we use standard life jackets. Bulky and

ill-fitting, and as you can guess made it impossible to go beneath the surface and see any coral or fish up close.

A very frustrating time for all who had cameras and wanted to get some good shots. :mad:

Because of that experience, I was attempting to avoid - in advance - another Nassau problem.

Thanks for the info.

They make you wear them for liability issues. Exit the boat with it on and then remove it from your neck at will. When you see something of interest, take it off and hand it to your family member/friend.

D.

Archived