ARRIVCAN Question

loving goldens

Last time I used the app, ArriveCan asks you to list all countries you've been to in the last 14 days. 

As of the February 28 changes, the Canadian rules no longer differ for people who visited the US and people who visited other countries, so there's no reason not to list them all.

• Like 1

When we came back last Fri, we listed all the countries we visited on a cruise & had no problem.  The only person that asked if we had the Arrive Can app was when they checked all our documents at Fort Lauderdale airport.  Btw we had no print outs for anything & it was also no problem. Everything was on our phones.

• Like 2

I also have an ArrivCan question.  I have not had an opportunity to use the app yet, but we have an upcoming cruise from San Diego to Vancouver.  Assuming we are tested onboard by Celebrity prior to arriving in Victoria, how do the test results get into the app?  Our Internet access will be limited while at sea.

Thanks,

Neal

33 minutes ago, nslatin said:

I also have an ArrivCan question.  I have not had an opportunity to use the app yet, but we have an upcoming cruise from San Diego to Vancouver.  Assuming we are tested onboard by Celebrity prior to arriving in Victoria, how do the test results get into the app?  Our Internet access will be limited while at sea.

Thanks,

Neal

Results don't go into the app, it just asks you if you are positive or negative (I use the app a lot for cross border shopping).  I just show the customs officer my negative test (either paper or on the phone)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, nslatin said:

Neal,

You can do a dry run with a fictitious flight two days ahead. The app will ask you to upload your vax record and ask a lot of questions. Upload carefully while following instructions. Your confirmation must include the "I" symbol; you are fully inoculated.

Without the right symbol, the stupid database will record you as not vax. Sending you a barrage of notices and threats about quarantining for 14 days.

Just cancel the confirmation once  you are satisfied. Please let us know if the cruise option is available. The first cruise out of Vancouver is April 8.

5 minutes ago, nslatin said:

The cruise option is available but only a few days out.  The questions seem very detailed and unnecessary.  Hopefully they will S#$%Can the ArrivCan app soon.

Not a chance. ArriveCan replaces the paper form that has existed in one form or another for at least 50 years.

Questions and requirements may change, the questionnaire itself is not likely going away.

Border protection is granted wide latitude in questioning individuals desiring entry into the country. Your judgement of what is appropriate or necessary notwithstanding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Neal,

You can do a dry run with a fictitious flight two days ahead. The app will ask you to upload your vax record and ask a lot of questions. Upload carefully while following instructions. Your confirmation must include the "I" symbol; you are fully inoculated.

Without the right symbol, the stupid database will record you as not vax. Sending you a barrage of notices and threats about quarantining for 14 days.

Just cancel the confirmation once  you are satisfied. Please let us know if the cruise option is available. The first cruise out of Vancouver is April 8.

Or V...and I asked why there is a V or I because I have gotten both and the border guard said they have no clue either lol

21 hours ago, stefndoug said:

Or V...and I asked why there is a V or I because I have gotten both and the border guard said they have no clue either lol

You will see either V, I, or A in ArriveCan. 

V = Self reported as vaccinated. App has either not yet processed or was unable to process uploaded proof of vaccination. 

I = Immunized, proof of vaccination was recognized by app via optical character recognition

A = Authenticated, proof of vaccination had a SMART QR Code that has been recognized by the app 

Usually it will show as chit submit on the app, if you check a minute or two later it'll switch to I or A 

Edited by cmich068
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cmich068 said:

You will see either V, I, or A in ArriveCan. 

V = Self reported as vaccinated. App has either not yet processed or was unable to process uploaded proof of vaccination. 

I = Immunized, proof of vaccination was recognized by app via optical character recognition

A = Authenticated, proof of vaccination had a SMART QR Code that has been recognized by the app 

Usually it will show as chit submit on the app, if you check a minute or two later it'll switch to I or A 

I don't upload my vaccination status each time.  I have been across a number of times...it is always changing.  It's kinda funny.  The border guard said they don't even look at that.  We had a fun chat over it the other day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

If I have to complete tne ArriveCan on board ship where can I get it printed?

I never printed it. It is just a certificate at the end, with the names of the parties (and check marks by your names, I think?). I just took a screen shot of that and when checking in with the airline they asked to see it and I just showed the screen shot. Or, if you open the app again it will be there too. The check in people for the airline are the only ones that asked to see ours. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

If I have to complete tne ArriveCan on board ship where can I get it printed?

In the off chance that you will be completing your ArriveCAN submission online and not via the mobile phone app, any cruise ship I've sailed on had a facility where passengers could download and print such things as flight boarding passes. You shouldn't have any trouble printing your ArriveCAN receipt.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just return from a cruise and we had completed the ArrCan info. The Air Canada rep asked to seen it but I hadn't had time to connect to MIA 's wifi so she said ok, I'll take your word for it. At yyz, I asked the customs agent if he wanted to see it and he said no as it was linked to our pp info

• Thanks 1

Last time i was on RCCL they had a business centre on the Allure that you could use a computer and printer for  $10.00 for one hour .

Bring all your info with you , passport , flight number, credit card, etc. 

I didnt know my flight number and had to make a trip back to my cabin at the very end of the ship and took me ten minutes while my wife guarded the computer as i had already started my session.

I went to guest services to get the info on where to to find the business centre.

4 hours ago, ski ww said:

What about people who do not have a cell/smart phone?? I have neither. We have paper copies & the QR code paper copy of all 3 of our shots.

ArriveCAN is available online as well as in app format. You can go online, enter and submit your information, and subsequently receive and print your receipt. See post #17 as well.

In those case where proof of vaccination is required but you don't require ArriveCAN, boarding a cruise in the US, for example, then your paper copies are fine.

• 2 weeks later...

How many days or weeks prior to your return to Canada, can you begin entering data in ArriveCAN, without losing it and have to start over? ( for example, I am travelling in June, can I begin now or do I need to wait to have left Canada, or closer to the return date?)

The reason for asking, is that technology and me are having a difficult relationship. Therefore, I am expecting having to overcome some issues. So, I would rather work on these problems, while there is no rush, rather to become stressed out about it, upon my return to Canada.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cachouonacruise said:

How many days or weeks prior to your return to Canada, can you begin entering data in ArriveCAN, without losing it and have to start over? ( for example, I am travelling in June, can I begin now or do I need to wait to have left Canada, or closer to the return date?)

The reason for asking, is that technology and me are having a difficult relationship. Therefore, I am expecting having to overcome some issues. So, I would rather work on these problems, while there is no rush, rather to become stressed out about it, upon my return to Canada.

First of all, there should be an update released in the next few days to reflect the April 1st changes to the entry regulations, so wait until then so that you can download the most current version.

Once you have the newest version, go in and start entering your information, but use a return date just two or three days in the future, not your actual return date. You can change that to the actual date in June when your are about to return. I think that you will find that it isn't that difficult, and by entering the data now, you should be comfortable using the app. You can enter all of the required information and the app will save it. Just don't submit the information, the very last step that you would take when actually travelling.

There's a good possibility that further changes will be made between now and June, so you may need to enter additional information. Just check for updates occasionally.  

Remember, you can't break anything! Just play with the app and get used to it. Bon courage!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

You can enter and save traveller data (passport, vaccinations, etc.) anytime. 

• Thanks 2