Nassau - Beach with Chairs, Umbrellas, Food...

CrusinSally

Please help - Our day pass to Breezes just cancelled on us.  Now we would just like to go to a beach where we can rent chairs, umbrellas and get some food nearby - not too close to cruise ships.  Also important, ease of getting taxi back to ship.  Thank you for your input and help!

• 2 months later...

do you have to buy those passes for Junkanoo ahead of time?   I'm taking a newbie (very first cruise) that loves the ocean, so I want her to have the opportunity to be in it.  I've read that we can walk there from the cruise ship, is that truly the case?

11 hours ago, Gma&Gpa said:

do you have to buy those passes for Junkanoo ahead of time?   I'm taking a newbie (very first cruise) that loves the ocean, so I want her to have the opportunity to be in it.  I've read that we can walk there from the cruise ship, is that truly the case?

Yes, short walk, no day passes like hotels, but you can purchase chair and umbrellas, some food and booze. It’s a simple harbor beach.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 5:40 AM, ew101 said:

The former British Colonial Hilton seems to be still selling beach passes.  It is close to the ships and was not over-run with vendors.  

Where would I find information on this option. I’ll be in Nassau Sunday with family. 

Google British Colonial Hilton.

Hotel closed last year, but apparenly somebody is selling passes to use their beach next door.

Went there for daypasses when the hotel was open and the pool and hotel facilities were very nice.
You might want6 to verify if you get use of the pool and restrooms, chairs etc.

If not, the Margaritaville next door offers daypasses with the same beach, multiple pools, a lazy river and all hotel amenities.

Haven't been to Nassau to try the facilities but looks amazing from other cruisers you tube videos.