Cancel and rebook voids pre-existing medical condition exclusion waiver?

On the tripinsurancestore website, at the following location:

Can I Re-book To Reset My Initial Deposit Date? (tripinsurancestore.com)

The following is stated:

"If you examine the travel insurance policies, you’ll see that they all include wording like “this is the first and only booking for this same destination and dates of travel” as a condition of waiving the pre-existing medical condition exclusion. The reason is that you cannot cancel your trip & re-book it to just reset your initial trip deposit date."

Can you provide a link to one or two actual current policies that include this language?  I've checked a number of policies, and can't find anything like this.  The quoted text is two clicks from your main page, using the obvious links for information regarding waiver of the pre-existing medical condition exclusion.  Thanks.

I just did a google search for the phrase and had several matches. This one comes from Cruise Brothers Insurance- is this what you are looking for?. 

“….purchased within 14 days of the initial Trip deposit; and for the full non-refundable cost of Your trip and the book- ing for the covered Trip must be the first and only booking for this travel period and destination and….”

https://www.travelinsured.com/TIDocuments/Product PDF Features and Benefits/CruiseBrothers(AgentCard)5.19.08.pdf

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

On the tripinsurancestore website, at the following location:

Can I Re-book To Reset My Initial Deposit Date? (tripinsurancestore.com)

The following is stated:

"If you examine the travel insurance policies, you’ll see that they all include wording like “this is the first and only booking for this same destination and dates of travel” as a condition of waiving the pre-existing medical condition exclusion. The reason is that you cannot cancel your trip & re-book it to just reset your initial trip deposit date."

Can you provide a link to one or two actual current policies that include this language?  I've checked a number of policies, and can't find anything like this.  The quoted text is two clicks from your main page, using the obvious links for information regarding waiver of the pre-existing medical condition exclusion.  Thanks.

Hi ChiefMateJKR,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! Lots of policies were re-worded and as you stated "I've checked a number of policies, and can't find anything like this".

I re-wrote and updated that to " https://tripinsurancestore.com/blog/how-does-rebooking-my-trip-affect-my-initial-deposit-date/ "

Steve Dasseos

Edited by iamtrustworthy

Thanks for the response Steve.  You state:

" IMG, TravelSafe and Travel Insured and a lot of the many companies I don’t offer, define your Initial Trip Deposit Date as the date you originally bought the trip that later caused the Travel Credits as the first payment. "

Where do these companies make this definition?  Is it within the policy itself?  If so, can you provide a link to one or more such policies?  Thanks.  If not, I am dubious that such policies (if claims were denied) would stand up to the review of any state insurance regulators.