Docking in Astoria, OR

Nanner

We will be aboard the American Empress from Vancouver to Clarkston at the beginning of August.  I was wondering where the boat docks, or how we get ashore, as the cruise ship pier appears to be only for the bigger cruise ships.  There's no listing regarding where the Empress is located.  We will no doubt spend the morning exploring along the riverfront, but I'd like some idea of where our trek will begin.

The boat docks within easy walking distance to downtown (presuming you don't have mobility issues) .  We were docked next to the Coast Guard Cutter and adjacent to the Maritime Museum.

12 hours ago, rljan said:

The boat docks within easy walking distance to downtown (presuming you don't have mobility issues) .  We were docked next to the Coast Guard Cutter and adjacent to the Maritime Museum.

If you're there on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday you can catch the trolley that runs on the riverwalk.  If not, it's an easy walk along it.  Did the hoho in the morning and the riverwalk in the afternoon.

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2022 at 7:08 AM, Nanner said:

We will be aboard the American Empress from Vancouver to Clarkston at the beginning of August.  I was wondering where the boat docks, or how we get ashore, as the cruise ship pier appears to be only for the bigger cruise ships.  There's no listing regarding where the Empress is located.  We will no doubt spend the morning exploring along the riverfront, but I'd like some idea of where our trek will begin.

We are on the Empress right now (spending extra time in Richland as the current is too high to get to Clarkston). The dock in Vancouver is right in the revitalizing Riverfront Park (about 8 short blocks straight down from the hotel). We easily walked down there to check out the wine bars and new hotels/condos under construction.