Licensed Private Tour Guides or taxi's in St Kitts

Sunny AZ Girl

Are there any licensed private Tour Guides or taxi's that are allowed to pick up cruise passengers in St. Kitts?  My research shows that you need to book tours through your hotel concierge, but nothing that applies to cruise ship passengers.  I would like to go to Caribelle Batik & Romney Manor, then be dropped off at a good beach for lunch and sun time before having the same driver pick us up and return us to the ship.  My last visit to St. Kitts was in 2014, and the operator I used at that time appears to longer be doing tours.   

Five of us were in St. Kitts this past March 23rd and I highly recommend our guide and driver, Leo Christopher of Leo's Tours and Taxi Services. email christopherom@yahoo.com.  He is most willing to customize your tour and this was the second time we have used his services. Leo has an extensive knowledge base of local foliage and herbs and showed us an ancient Santo Domingo mahogany tree growing out of a sidewalk. We recognized it as we own some Federal furniture made of this wood. These trees are considered extinct for all purposes now as they were heavily utilized in furniture etc during the early 1800s.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

We booked through Thenford Grey tours a few years ago and had a wonderful tour.  Went to Romney Manor and bought lots of batik fabric!  Thenford was our tour guide that day and he was a wealth of information.  The fort was amazing as was the beach he took us to.  We would book another tour with him in a heartbeat.

10 hours ago, OmaDebbie said:

We booked through Thenford Grey tours a few years ago and had a wonderful tour.  Went to Romney Manor and bought lots of batik fabric!  Thenford was our tour guide that day and he was a wealth of information.  The fort was amazing as was the beach he took us to.  We would book another tour with him in a heartbeat.

We have now booked a group of 6 with Thenford Grey for January.  We have toured St Kitts before, but the others have not, so it should be fun.  My sister in law is a quilter.  I can't wait to see her reaction to Caribelle Boutique! I bought 6 placemats from there in 2015 that I use all the time (still in great condition) and I want 6 more! 

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl