Individual shore excursions allowed now by Azamara in Italy?

koconnor214

I realize Italy’s restrictions expired 3/31. Is Azamara allowing passengers to disembark for individual shore excursions now? Have a cruise leaving 4/23 and hope to be able to explore on our own and take advantage of local tour operators. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, koconnor214 said:

I realize Italy’s restrictions expired 3/31. Is Azamara allowing passengers to disembark for individual shore excursions now? Have a cruise leaving 4/23 and hope to be able to explore on our own and take advantage of local tour operators. 

It is the port authority of each port to determine this.  Currently private exploration is allowed in Italy (my own and other's communication through Azamara).  However, each port authority may deny private tours if they feel it is needed.  I would feel confident that this will not happen as the ports are eager for tourism to return, but we must remain flexible just in case.

Edited by Leo_On_Geo
  • Like 2

Thanks for posting this question. I think it is time for Azamara to update the Information they are providing for the different ports on their web page. The information they have is from 2021! Please Azamara could you update your information concerning all things COVID related in your ports of call?
thanks

Ivi

• Like 5