Aqualina or Prime C

barneyboy

My husband and I will be on our first cruise with Azamara on the Onward Maiden Voyage. He will celebrate a significant birthday on board and I would like to book a speciality restaurant. 
I would be grateful for opinions on which one I should book. I have tried doing a search without any luck. Thanks for your advice. Jackie

When we dined in Prime C last week on Pursuit, one side of the menu had Prime C offerings and the other side had Aqualina choices. You could order from either side. I agree that the Aqualina dining area is lighter and more attractive. 

I would assume on the Onward’s maiden voyage, both restaurants will be open and serving their full menu.  That was not the case on our just completed 30 days on the Quest.  Personally I don’t think you can go wrong as both have many wonderful options. Our shared chateaubriand in Prime C was the best beef we have ever eaten while at sea.  On the other hand the Dover Sole and Caprese salad is hard to beat in Aqualina.

44 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

On the other hand the Dover Sole and Caprese salad is hard to beat in Aqualina.

Is the Dover sole on the regular menu or did you special-order it?

54 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Sort of a beef or fish choice.  Both good - what kind of food do you like?

DON

We like both but my husband would probably prefer fish for a special meal. He doesn’t like anything too fancy though. The chateaubriand which KirkNC mentioned sounds good. 

5 hours ago, barneyboy said:

We like both but my husband would probably prefer fish for a special meal. He doesn’t like anything too fancy though. The chateaubriand which KirkNC mentioned sounds good. 

The Dover sole is very good and filleted table side but it’s not a fancy dish.

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

Sort of a beef or fish choice.  Both good - what kind of food do you like?

DON

It's definitely not that simple. I am not a fish lover, but still enjoy Aqualina.

The pea and fennel soup is delicious. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, uktog said:

The duck in Aqualina was also gorgeous 

They did not have that on our recent cruise but they were operating with a limited menu.  They did have a Cornish game hen on home made pesto pasta that was delicious.  It was a nightly special.

On 4/4/2022 at 4:29 PM, barneyboy said:

My husband and I will be on our first cruise with Azamara on the Onward Maiden Voyage. He will celebrate a significant birthday on board and I would like to book a speciality restaurant. 
I would be grateful for opinions on which one I should book. I have tried doing a search without any luck. Thanks for your advice. Jackie

Both are fabulous.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 4:54 PM, barneyboy said:

The Dover Sole is fabulous too.......

10 hours ago, barneyboy said:

Thanks very much for all your replies. I think I’ll try to book Aqualina for his birthday and Prime C for later in the cruise. 

Go for three meals and get the special offer price .

13 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Don’t forget you can get 3 meals in the speciality restaurants for $70

10 minutes ago, Lookyboy said:

Go for three meals and get the special offer price .

I just noticed that on the web site so will definitely try to do that. 

22 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

I just noticed that on the web site so will definitely try to do that. 

You can’t make reservations or buy a dining package beforehand.  In the embarkation lounge where you are waiting to board there should be a table setup where you can make reservations and buy a dining package.  Be aware that we found the specialty restaurants would be fully booked after the first half of the cruise so early booking can be essential.

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

You can’t make reservations or buy a dining package beforehand.  In the embarkation lounge where you are waiting to board there should be a table setup where you can make reservations and buy a dining package.  Be aware that we found the specialty restaurants would be fully booked after the first half of the cruise so early booking can be essential.

Thanks we will do it as soon as possible. 

Slightly off topic and I hope nobody minds too much !

In the main dining room, are there any ''special'' evening menus, for example a lobster night, beef wellington etc? If so, do they follow a predictable pattern, for example, last evening, second evening?