Princess Shareholder question for Aussies

49 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

So the big question is it would cost $2519 AUD at today's prices which are down a little since yesterday. even though the bookings are through the roof, its the costs that is keeping in lower (so I read lol). Given we should receive $800 worth of OBC in the first almost 2 years of purchase, ideally the price will jump back up as covid settles and confidence to travel resumes??/ It still seems a decent risk to me. I have set my plans in motion!!!

It is worthwhile now. When they were offered at $8 around 2 years ago, I still thought they were a good long term investment. I just didn't buy because of how insecure things were becoming during the initial lockdowns, while working for an otherwise good employer that was getting low on cash.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cbtours said:

So the big question is it would cost $2519 AUD at today's prices which are down a little since yesterday. even though the bookings are through the roof, its the costs that is keeping in lower (so I read lol). Given we should receive $800 worth of OBC in the first almost 2 years of purchase, ideally the price will jump back up as covid settles and confidence to travel resumes??/ It still seems a decent risk to me. I have set my plans in motion!!!

This is the speculation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed Princess on 11th April, applying for the shareholder's OBC but it hasn't appeared on any of my bookings yet. I will email them again, but before I do, I would like to know how long it has taken for others on here to have the OBC appear on their Cruise Personalizer.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I emailed them on the 17th, no sign of the OBC yet but the long weekends could have slowed things down.

We will both keep watching our Cruise Personalizers. I will let it go a few more days next week, then email again if nothing appears.

I emailed P&O also on the 11th. I received an acknowledment email the next day and the OBC appeared on our Cruise Control (P&O's name for the cruise account).

9 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We will both keep watching our Cruise Personalizers. I will let it go a few more days next week, then email again if nothing appears.

I emailed P&O also on the 11th. I received an acknowledment email the next day and the OBC appeared on our Cruise Control (P&O's name for the cruise account).

Agreed, if it hasn't turned up by next Friday I'll either email them or phone them. Of course since their offices are in a neighbouring suburb I could always go pay them a visit. 😁

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

51 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

My Princess ones took 9 days to appear, and P & O next day also.

I emailed early April, so suspect all the public holidays have delayed the princess ones

1 hour ago, stki said:

My Princess ones took 9 days to appear, and P & O next day also.

I emailed early April, so suspect all the public holidays have delayed the princess ones

Maybe now that cruising is re-starting, the Benefits Department is overwhelmed with emails for the shareholder benefit.

18 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I emailed them on the 17th, no sign of the OBC yet but the long weekends could have slowed things down.

I emailed 4 April for the 19 June Coral. Nothing yet!

22 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Maybe now that cruising is re-starting, the Benefits Department is overwhelmed with emails for the shareholder benefit.

That is what I was told when in desperation I used messages on their facebook page as my UK cruise was not getting any response at all for my shareholder request  They are sooooooo busy she said

We emailed benefits@princesscruises.com.au on 26 Mar 2022. When no result by 8 April, we forwarded the same email to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com.

reply was received from solutions@princesscruises.com.au (via the princess cruises email, not the carnival one) and OBC applied 22 Apr 2022

Pity it takes so long, but as our cruise is not until June, we are still happy with the result!

5 minutes ago, Sarah Jane Smith said:

We emailed benefits@princesscruises.com.au on 26 Mar 2022. When no result by 8 April, we forwarded the same email to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com.

reply was received from solutions@princesscruises.com.au (via the princess cruises email, not the carnival one) and OBC applied 22 Apr 2022

Pity it takes so long, but as our cruise is not until June, we are still happy with the result!

Maybe the trick is to send it to all three email addresses.

On 4/30/2022 at 1:16 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Also the person who processes the shareholder requests may have been on holiday. I think the Carnival/Princess office is fairly small.

Or affected by covid.

Am I correct the credit shows up in the cruise personalizer under the payments tab?   It’s a month today since I submitted the proof of ownership.  I have followed up a few days ago to the shareholder benefits at carnival as outlined above.   I’m just curious as it’s my first time doing it and I’m hoping what I sent them is what they need.  

Just now, kenexx said:

Am I correct the credit shows up in the cruise personalizer under the payments tab?   It’s a month today since I submitted the proof of ownership.  I have followed up a few days ago to the shareholder benefits at carnival as outlined above.   I’m just curious as it’s my first time doing it and I’m hoping what I sent them is what they need.  

Yes, I'm fairly sure that's where it shows up. It's been so long since our last cruise that I can't remember exactly.  

3 minutes ago, kenexx said:

Yes, the shareholder OBC should show up under payments in the personalizer. I have a couple of other credits (from the TA and as part of the Princess booking), but not the shareholder one yet.

4 hours ago, kenexx said:

Yes Maurice, under the payments tab at the bottom

Total Onboard Credits $12.50 $62.50 $75.00
Shareholders Benefits* $0.00 $50.00 $50.00
Onboard Sales Promotion* $12.50 $12.50 $25.00
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, stki said:

Yes Maurice, under the payments tab at the bottom

Total Onboard Credits $12.50 $62.50 $75.00
Shareholders Benefits* $0.00 $50.00 $50.00
Onboard Sales Promotion* $12.50 $12.50 $25.00

Thanks Tanya.  I guess I’ll just wait a couple of more weeks and see what appears!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kenexx said:

Thanks Tanya.  I guess I’ll just wait a couple of more weeks and see what appears!  

If the staff who are applying the shareholder's credits are prioritising pax depending on the date of their cruise, yours should be finalised before mine. Your cruise is a week earlier. Please let us know when your OBC appears.