Need for E Visa in Turkey

Hamwen3839

The strictly correct answer to your question is 'Yes, someone does'

However, I believe that the need for a Turkish visa may be determined by your nationality/passport. You have not stated your nationality. 

AFAIK, British passport holders (for example) do not need a visa for a visit such as that which you have described.

I suggest that you search online for 'Transit Visa Turkey'. 

Edited by blag
typo

3 hours ago, Hamwen3839 said:

Thank you. We are Australian Citizens.I don’t think we are on the “No visa required “list but for our situation it is a little unclear.

It seems to me that, if there is uncertainty, and in the absence of definitive information, since the cost of an è-visa is (compared to the cost of your cruise and flights) very low, you might as well bite the bullet and apply for one. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to Turkey early to embark on a cruise after spending a few days in Istanbul.  I definitely need one, and have been struggling to get one!  The website (evisa.gov.tr, I believe) is not the best.  If the program hangs and you're not sure if you were charged, check your credit card transactions. And go back into the site with the reference number you (hopefully) got earlier to look for status.  And if you need help, there are instructions on the site, plus their customer assistance is actually pretty good.  I would not, however, wait until the last minute if you do need one.  I think it's $51.50.

• Like 1