Boarding the DREAM tomorrow......

FreightlinerFan

After 41 cruises, mostly with Royal and Celebrity, with a few HAL, Princess, MSC , and one Carnival thrown in, I have talked myself to sailing on Disney.  I have my reservations about sailing with mice, but I got a "good"  resident rate, and have decided to see it  for myself. We are traveling as a mature married couple, and not taking any kids. I will report back on how it goes , and how it compares!

• Like 1

As I was preparing for this trip, i came here looking for information as i have done many many times. I have found some of my best shore excursions on theses boards over the years.  I am stunned at how little this particular board is used.  I hope that  I can help those who do look here for DCL information.

5 minutes ago, FreightlinerFan said:

As I was preparing for this trip, i came here looking for information as i have done many many times. I have found some of my best shore excursions on theses boards over the years.  I am stunned at how little this particular board is used.  I hope that  I can help those who do look here for DCL information.

Well, there's another, more active, forum that fields most DCL cruisers.

• Like 1

Well, I am back, and fresh off the Disney Dream.  Again, I am an avid cruiser who has finally given in to my curiosity and given the MOUSE a try.

First off, I didn't hate it. I have really very little negative to say. It IS however a very different type of cruise. Its hard to explain that statement. In many ways, its the same as a "regular" cruise, but in many ways its not. Its more like staying in a Disney hotel that just shows up random places, and that port becomes your theme park for the day, then you see a really awesome show, go to dinner, and then go to bed. And you choose bedtime, because there is really nothing else to do. I would be bored out of my mind on anything longer than 3 nights. We loved the condition of the ship, well kept and super clean. Castaway Cay is excellent. 

Please be nice, this is MY opinion.

Next, the highs and lows

Edited by FreightlinerFan
  • Like 1

The Highs........

1) The shows and entertainment.

Hands down the best shows I have seen at sea.  Not even close

BUT, you better like Disney movies........................

2) Embarkation was super easy. 

Covid test took maybe 15 minutes, boarding time slot worked perfectly.

3) The crew was awesome.

They seem truly happy and were all nice and helpful

4)The cabin.

We had a basic inside room. very spacious, and well decorated.  

I cannot say anything negative about it.

5)  The fireworks were cool.

6) The fastest and easiest disembarkation ever.

• Like 1

The Lows

1) The Pools.

Three very small and shallow pools.  Blows my mind that a ship

built to handle lots of kids, has two very little ones for them, and one small

one for adults.

2) Lack of hot tubs.

seriously, one hot tub in the main pool area?

and it looks like an afterthought.

3)  After the show and dinner, there is nothing else to do...

except maybe  one more round of disney trivia............

4) The food.....

Dinner specifically.....  Few choices, small portion, little taste

Sad really, because they have some great restaurants in the Parks.

Quick service was good,, but that is junk food.

5) Whats with chairs  instead of loungers at the pool? 

6) self service at the buffet.

I am not over the top on COVID protocalls,  but having everyone just dig in at       

the buffet seems like a step backwards..........

Glad you had a good trip.  We sail out in June.  We’re character interactions back to normal?  Supposedly April 18th was the date but was wondering if the dream is using those same dates.  We will have kiddos with us is why I’m asking.  Thanks!

"Glad you had a good trip.  We sail out in June.  We’re character interactions back to normal?  Supposedly April 18th was the date but was wondering if the dream is using those same dates.  We will have kiddos with us is why I’m asking.  Thanks!"

They had a lot of characters out.  you still had to stand three feet or so in front of them.

• 5 months later...
On 4/25/2022 at 12:51 PM, Shmoo here said:

Well, there's another, more active, forum that fields most DCL cruisers.

New to DCL and also baffled by the small amount of use of this forum. Can you hint me more toward or give me some direction on what this other more active forum is?

Edited by Bupperd00dle

I have always loved the Cruise Critic boards.  So sad that people have left here for those other forums!  I will be taking my first Disney Cruise on the Dream next year and am looking for all the info I can get.  it is not just the Disney Cruise Line Forum.  I am also sailing on RCCL next May and there is a sparsity of information there as well.  What happened to active roll calls?  Those of us who are still here will have to keep the conversations going!

Greetings.  My first post on Disney forum, as after 40+ cruises on 10 other lines, I finally booked a Disney cruise (Dream, 7-12 November).  It is my ambition to try at least once, every cruise line serving US ports.

I too am saddened by the downturn in activity in general on CC boards and roll calls...I don't even see a roll call for this cruise, leaving in just a couple of weeks.

I am looking forward to trying a new cruise line...🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 10:45 AM, bob brown said:

Greetings.  My first post on Disney forum, as after 40+ cruises on 10 other lines, I finally booked a Disney cruise (Dream, 7-12 November).  It is my ambition to try at least once, every cruise line serving US ports.

I too am saddened by the downturn in activity in general on CC boards and roll calls...I don't even see a roll call for this cruise, leaving in just a couple of weeks.

I am looking forward to trying a new cruise line...🙂

Hope you are enjoying your cruise we board the Dream in January 2023

• Thanks 1

I was on the Disney Dream over Halloween and my experience matches yours almost to the letter. I didn’t have kids on the cruise so can’t speak as to the kids clubs. But it’s Disney so I have no reason to expect anything less than top tier.

In short it was nothing less than an excellent cruise and I hope to sail the line many times in the future.

Edited by mz-s

On 11/14/2022 at 10:54 PM, bob brown said:

Cruise Critic just published my review, here...

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=692593

Thanks for the great review, we are doing a back to back in January and get Marvel day at sea. We also enjoyed pirate night on our last Disney cruise.

• Thanks 1