Victoria BC- Butchart gardens or explore the city

I was afraid it would be difficult, if not impossible, to see anything of Victoria. Since we've never been there we are very disappointed not to have a reasonable port time. And it's even worse now than when we booked the cruise. Originally the arrival time was 7 pm and we were later notified that it was changed to 8:00. Hopefully some day we'll get there in the daytime.

2 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

I was afraid it would be difficult, if not impossible, to see anything of Victoria. Since we've never been there we are very disappointed not to have a reasonable port time. And it's even worse now than when we booked the cruise. Originally the arrival time was 7 pm and we were later notified that it was changed to 8:00. Hopefully some day we'll get there in the daytime.

I'm not sure what the rest of your itinerary is, whether you fly out of Seattle immediately at the end of your cruise or if you have some time after the cruise but you could the "Clipper" ferry from Seattle and spend the day here and return in the evening. Or you could fly into Victoria a couple days before the cruise and take the Clipper to Seattle from here to Seattle. There are options but it would be so much easier if the cruise line just did a proper stop here.

I hope you have a chance to properly see our town some day, enjoy your cruise even if you are short changed by a token port visit.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 1:03 AM, Blackduck59 said:

I'm not sure what the rest of your itinerary is, whether you fly out of Seattle immediately at the end of your cruise or if you have some time after the cruise but you could the "Clipper" ferry from Seattle and spend the day here and return in the evening. Or you could fly into Victoria a couple days before the cruise and take the Clipper to Seattle from here to Seattle. There are options but it would be so much easier if the cruise line just did a proper stop here.

I hope you have a chance to properly see our town some day, enjoy your cruise even if you are short changed by a token port visit.

Thanks for the suggestion, but we fly out of Seattle the day we disembark. Hopefully another time we will get to visit Victoria.

11 minutes ago, 40yearcruiser said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but we fly out of Seattle the day we disembark. Hopefully another time we will get to visit Victoria.

I'm sorry you won't have a chance to see our little city. I hope you enjoy your cruise. Perhaps if you are cruising out of Seattle or Vancouver in future fly into Victoria before the cruise and then you could get to Vancouver by BC Ferries or to Seattle on the Victoria Clipper. Just something to consider when making future plans, being you can't count on a decent port stop here from most cruise lines.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Butchart is nice. I stopped there on a land tour which included 2 nights stay in Victoria. However, given one day in Victoria, I would stay in town.  Visit the museums, see the totem poles, shop, stop at the Fairmount for tea, and enjoy the waterfront.  

• Like 1