Jump to content

Bermuda Travel Form


Giantfan13
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mira28 said:

This still seems confusing. The website for the Bermuda TA still as of today 5/21/22, says you need the vaccine card proof and negative Covid test before embarkation (and another one given on the ship if Bermuda is not the first port of call). So is the change that you don't need to upload the first negative test? (The one needed by NCL to get on the ship.)

Do you get the TA approved in a timely manner? I am planning to do it 2-3 weeks before embarkation, but of course will only have the vaccine card uploaded, not the Covid test.

That's correct.  Since this ruling just came out we will see.  I have already applied and paid the $40 so in theory I should be receiving the TA soon.  I sail next Saturday paid the $40 a couple of weeks ago.  Now I don't have to rush home after testing scan it and upload it one less thing to worry about

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, BlushPell said:

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

 

Bermuda has just changed the requirements. The uploaded negative test is no longer required for receiving the travel authorization. You still need to show it at embarkation but it looks like once you submit the $40 and fill out the travel authorization you will receive an approved form that you then take with you to embarkation with your copy of the negative test result. I assume you show this to the NCL staff at embarkation. When I went in April no one in Bermuda checked any authorization once I debarked.

 

 

Thanks for that very important update! But still one needs the TA to board? I filled out the form and uploaded our vax cards weeks ago, and the test yesterday morning. Still no TA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks for posting the update. It still looks like they are holding to the requirement for a second test if Bermuda is not the first port of call.

 

46 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yeah and I picked the only Royal sailing that has Bermuda later in the sailing  Go Figure

 

40 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Is Royal paying for the second test on board, prior to arrival in Bermuda?  It's my understanding that NCL is doing just that, for sailings that stop in Norfolk, VA before heading to Bermuda. There is also a rumor that if you don't disembark in Norfolk, you don't even need the second test.

 

39 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes  

 

38 minutes ago, Mira28 said:

This still seems confusing. The website for the Bermuda TA still as of today 5/21/22, says you need the vaccine card proof and negative Covid test before embarkation (and another one given on the ship if Bermuda is not the first port of call). So is the change that you don't need to upload the first negative test? (The one needed by NCL to get on the ship.)

Do you get the TA approved in a timely manner? I am planning to do it 2-3 weeks before embarkation, but of course will only have the vaccine card uploaded, not the Covid test.

 

36 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I just forsee it being a cluster--- trying to test 3000 people 

It looks to me as though the requirement for a second test if you make a port call before Bermuda has been eliminated . The only reference to a second test that I see is if the ship arrives in Bermuda more than 4 days prior to embarkation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

 

 

 

 

 

It looks to me as though the requirement for a second test if you make a port call before Bermuda has been eliminated . The only reference to a second test that I see is if the ship arrives in Bermuda more than 4 days prior to embarkation.

Error alert.  I meant to write in the last sentence "more than 4 days after embarkation ."

 

Edited by njhorseman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joyandjerry said:

Thanks for that very important update! But still one needs the TA to board? I filled out the form and uploaded our vax cards weeks ago, and the test yesterday morning. Still no TA.

Yes you still need the authorization just give them a call on the toll free number. It only takes a few minutes once you get a hold of someone and they will email you the TA immediately. Best of luck! Enjoy your cruise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BlushPell said:

Yes you still need the authorization just give them a call on the toll free number. It only takes a few minutes once you get a hold of someone and they will email you the TA immediately. Best of luck! Enjoy your cruise

Thank you for the suggestion, but I spoke to our travel agent this AM, and she said all of the phone lines were busy due to overload. (The number Berrnuda gave us was a foreign number, but I looked up the toll free govt number.) She had to do a few dozen authorizations yesterday for elderly without a computer, and has not heard back on anyone. On our roll call on this site, no one else has heard back either. Same with passengers of the other ship to dock the same day as ours. So I am just going to take the traveler confirmation I got from them.

Edited by joyandjerry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got this email from my travel agent - Just spoke to Carnival’s Emergency Desk

Carnival is aware of the situation and will clear everyone with their original documentation of the application, Covid vaccination card and test results at the pier.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted a long explanation of my story earlier today on the Carnival Legend Roll Call May 22 sailing if anyone wants to read that one, but in a nutshell -

 

-Uploaded negative test at 10 am yesterday

- Started calling at 8 am, Eastern time, took 10 minutes of repeatedly hitting redial to get connected and get in the queue, 89th in line 

- Held for exactly 2 hours

- Less than 5 minutes to get my husband and my travel authorizations emailed to us

 

Quite a process. Way too complicated. I can see chaos tomorrow during embarkation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Priscilla Cat said:

 

Quite a process. Way too complicated. I can see chaos tomorrow during embarkation. 

Priscilla, note my response to this thread, post #157 - I think we were posting at the same time. Now I need to do some cleaning, work out and try to get some sleep!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve already submitted my TA application prior to todays change and was just awaiting to upload my negative test.  Has anyone else applied prior to today and received authorization?  I’m assuming I will receive authorization soon since I no longer need to upload negative test. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I am understanding this, the TA is the confirmation of submitting the application and paying the fee. Ours came in the same day we submitted it; probably within an hour or two. We did that just within the 30 days recommended.

As we are still nearly two weeks away from our cruise, we are not yet able to submit test results. The good news is that as long as we do submit them, along with vax proof, at the right time, we will be able to enter the terminal with proof of those results in hand.  This is a change from needing a second confirmation of receipt from Bermuda.

Some seem to be calling the second document a TA, and spending a lot of time on the phone asking for it.  As I see it, we are good to go with proof of the original application (TA) and vax and test proof in hand, whether or not we have a reply re the second step.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

As I am understanding this, the TA is the confirmation of submitting the application and paying the fee. Ours came in the same day we submitted it; probably within an hour or two. We did that just within the 30 days recommended.

As we are still nearly two weeks away from our cruise, we are not yet able to submit test results. The good news is that as long as we do submit them, along with vax proof, at the right time, we will be able to enter the terminal with proof of those results in hand.  This is a change from needing a second confirmation of receipt from Bermuda.

Some seem to be calling the second document a TA, and spending a lot of time on the phone asking for it.  As I see it, we are good to go with proof of the original application (TA) and vax and test proof in hand, whether or not we have a reply re the second step.

Nancy, the first email is just a confirmation that your application was submitted. The TA is needed to disembark in Bermuda.

 

At 4 PM today, we each got emails stating the following:

 

BERMUDA TRAVEL APPLICATION PROVISIONAL APPROVAL


Travel Authorisation Application#: XXXXXXX

Dear Traveller,

We have reviewed your application for a Travel Authorisation to enter Bermuda and you have been issued a Provisional Waiver for Boarding purposes.

Some of the documentation will need to be reviewed:

Please have All valid documents in hand for review with the Bermuda Health team on board ship.

ACTIONS REQUIRED FROM TRAVELLER:

1. Complete and obtain the Provisional Waiver for boarding your Cruise. You must show this document at embarkation to be allowed on the ship: Click to complete. Please follow this link to view the waiver, sign, inital and Submit it. The signed and initialled waiver is your Travel Authorisation document.

This Provisional Waiver does not allow you entry into Bermuda. You will be required to provide the documentation as indicated above to be issued with a Green Travel Authorization that will allow you to disembark from the ship in Bermuda.

 

I printed ours and it clearly states it is for embarkation purposes only.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

As I am understanding this, the TA is the confirmation of submitting the application and paying the fee. Ours came in the same day we submitted it; probably within an hour or two. We did that just within the 30 days recommended.

As we are still nearly two weeks away from our cruise, we are not yet able to submit test results. The good news is that as long as we do submit them, along with vax proof, at the right time, we will be able to enter the terminal with proof of those results in hand.  This is a change from needing a second confirmation of receipt from Bermuda.

Some seem to be calling the second document a TA, and spending a lot of time on the phone asking for it.  As I see it, we are good to go with proof of the original application (TA) and vax and test proof in hand, whether or not we have a reply re the second step.

Since your cruise is almost two weeks away you fall under the revised rules just announced and no longer have to upload your test results. Just bring them to the pier:

 

If you are making an application or have made an application for travel after May 24, 2022:

 

1. All passengers MUST have an approved Bermuda Travel Authorisation (TA) before arriving at the terminal.

2. Failing to apply for and receive an approved TA at least 2 weeks prior to travel will result in delayed boarding for you and your party.

3. All you need to do is fill in the application, upload your vaccination card and pay $40 by credit card. You will receive your approved document by email.

4. You must show your approved Travel Authorisation at embarkation, along with your negative COVID-19 test result, even if you have already uploaded it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2022 at 8:40 PM, Charles4515 said:

Bottom line is that all passengers must apply, pay the $40 and their application approved. Cruisers who are not approved will not be able to board the ship. They can not go to Bermuda and stay on the ship.

So...even if you don't get off the ship, Bermuda still gets $40 per person?? I'd call that highway robbery, but instead it's seaway robbery. How can they justify charging someone who never sets foot on their land? Why doesn't every country start pulling this scam? 

Edited by schmoopie17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

So...even if you don't get off the ship, Bermuda still gets $40 per person?? I'd call that highway robbery, but instead it's seaway robbery. How can they justify charging someone who never sets foot on their land? Why doesn't every country start pulling this scam? 

I do agree that the tax is unjustified, but technically, if you are on a ship docked in their waters, you ARE on their land. The fact that you stay on the ship means nothing, you entered their territorial waters.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

So...even if you don't get off the ship, Bermuda still gets $40 per person?? I'd call that highway robbery, but instead it's seaway robbery. How can they justify charging someone who never sets foot on their land? Why doesn't every country start pulling this scam? 

Even if you don't get off the ship you are still in Bermuda. That is not a scam. That is maritime law. The ship is not a country when docked in Bermuda. From time to time they even come on the ship, look for drugs and arrest people if they find them. You are in Bermuda under Bermuda law.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

You can try to rationalize/justify it all you want. In my eyes, it's still a moneygrabbing scam. I guess we'll just agree to disagree. 

It does not really matter. If you are going to Bermuda you will pay the fee no matter what you think about it. I have told them that the form and fee are done wrong  and causing bad feelings, damage  and publicity about Bermuda. They don't think so and say there are record bookings. I think though that many cruise passengers were not informed about the fee by the cruise lines before they booked and some might not have booked if they knew.  There is an element of cruise passengers who won't get a passport to save a few bucks if they can use a birth cerificate. There could be long term damage. But maybe not. 

Edited by Charles4515
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

If you have authorization and test positive can you use that same one on a different sailing on the same ship?

I'm not 100% sure of what you're asking, but the authorization is only  for a single cruise. You have to identify the cruise on your authorization application. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

If you have authorization and test positive can you use that same one on a different sailing on the same ship?

Nope. You get to apply again and pay another $40.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...