Failed Covid test to return to US - Now what? AmaWaterways Post Cruise Extension

JohninAult

I was wondering if anyone had some insight into what happens if, god forbid, we test positive for Covid at the end of our post cruise in Zurich and are unable to return to the US immediately.
Does AmaWaterways assist you with the process? If so for how long? Where do you stay and how long must you wait?
I'm not trying to be doom and gloom, just want to be prepared for this possibility.

Is post cruise with Ama or independent?  Either way you’ll have to isolate according to the country you’re in.  You may have to consult with a doctor at the end of the period to determine if you are recovered if you’re still testing positive.  If you’re still on Ama time then they should assist.  You are smart to try to think this through beforehand so you have a plan.  That should alleviate the stress of travel during this time.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Taste of Bordeaux postcruise tour and two were positive the dat before we left. Ama helped get them the hotel and accomadations because they could not fly back. Ama was very helful

• Like 1

The airlines and the rest of the tourist industry are pressuring the US government to lift the re-entry testing requirements.  Some key spokes people have said it looks promising for this to be lifted soon. I am very hopeful that the the testing requirement will be a thing of the past before our trip in August. It would be one less thing to worry about!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barbw427 said:

The airlines and the rest of the tourist industry are pressuring the US government to lift the re-entry testing requirements.  Some key spokes people have said it looks promising for this to be lifted soon. I am very hopeful that the the testing requirement will be a thing of the past before our trip in August. It would be one less thing to worry about!

They've been saying that for months now.  I had my hopes up that the rule was going to expire on May 5 (since we were flying home on May 7) – nope.  We were freed from the mask mandate, but not the pre-flight test.  So we always carry 3 online-proctored test kits with us (one each plus a spare).

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

They've been saying that for months now.  I had my hopes up that the rule was going to expire on May 5 (since we were flying home on May 7) – nope.  We were freed from the mask mandate, but not the pre-flight test.  So we always carry 3 online-proctored test kits with us (one each plus a spare).

We're down to our last two. Hopefully we don't mess them up coming home from Milan in 4 weeks.

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2022 at 5:39 PM, jpalbny said:

We're down to our last two. Hopefully we don't mess them up coming home from Milan in 4 weeks.

The free ones from the US Government - if you get the iHealth ones, you can pay $20 to have them proctered. Sorry - can't quickly find the link but I saw it elsewhere on the boards. Though not everyone is getting the iHealth ones.

I just saw that you can order 8 more from the government.

My state (NE) and Colorado are giving away the eMed ones for free. I have stocked up on them as no one wants them where I live. They can't give them away. 

Edited by Coral