Processing through Heathrow

zqtchas

No tests of any sort needed for UK. 

Changing in the same terminal won’t take long, though do check it’s the same terminal, things are changing. 
Terminal 5 has a train out to the B and C satellites but it’s quite quick. 
Personally, I think any booked connection under 90 mins is asking for trouble but I’m very risk averse. And I like to be able to relax between flights. It shouldn’t take anywhere near 90 mins if there’s no delays anywhere but it can be a long walk if you are unlucky with your gates. 

Through border control could take minutes or hours, can’t entirely predict. Also, I have a UK passport so I have no direct experience of the non-UK queues. 

• Like 1

If you are flying long haul you should probably allow a minimum of 120 minutes, especially if changing terminals. If you are using BA and T5 you will also have no idea whether you will have to use the train to get from the C or B gates to the transit section, reclaim and Immigration all of which are in A. This could take an extra 10-15 minutes.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

If you are flying long haul you should probably allow a minimum of 120 minutes, especially if changing terminals. If you are using BA and T5 you will also have no idea whether you will have to use the train to get from the C or B gates to the transit section, reclaim and Immigration all of which are in A. This could take an extra 10-15 minutes.

With BA arrivals at T5, there is a prospect even worse than the train -- having the plane assigned to a hard stand (rather than a gate) where one has to wait for the stairs to be brought up, and then for buses to arrive, and then to be packed onto the bus regardless of one's class of service, and them to be taken on a bus tour of Heathrow.  I avoid connecting at Heathrow whenever possible.

• Like 1

.... and if you do  change terminals they refuse to give a sterile connection so you have to go through security again.

I also avoid LHR like the plague, but I am fortunate to have direct flights to AMS.

Either way, bring a packed lunch and be prepared for a long wait.

23 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Yes, I was surprised that SS Air had booked me with a 90 minute international connection through Heathrow on the day my voyage departs.  Fortunately, we were able to change to another option (different airline and connection) to arrive the day before and with a longer layover.   

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. We are flying from Nashville to Lisbon in June. Our flights on BA were made by Silversea with over a 2 hour layover at Heathrow.  The flights on the British Air site indicate that we arrive in T5 and depart from T1. When I went to Heathrow website, it indicated that we depart from T5 and that T1 was demolished some time ago!  Is there any chance British Air is owned by the US Federal Government 😊

53 minutes ago, daddyo said:

Thanks for the input. We are flying from Nashville to Lisbon in June. Our flights on BA were made by Silversea with over a 2 hour layover at Heathrow.  The flights on the British Air site indicate that we arrive in T5 and depart from T1. When I went to Heathrow website, it indicated that we depart from T5 and that T1 was demolished some time ago!  Is there any chance British Air is owned by the US Federal Government 😊

I believe it was bailed out by the UK government.

• Like 1

I believe you have confused Terminal 1at Heathrow with Terminal ! Arrival in Lisbon ? I believe all BA Lisbon Flights depart from Heathrow Terminal 5 at the moment. I hope this reduces a small amount of stress related to Heathrow which is usually a mess.

Guess I should have done this first. Just finished viewing the Heathrow website.

Very helpful to read and comprehend but am apprehensive about actually believing 

the simplicity. Is the e pp check through really that easy? Is it close to what the US Global assist is? Guess I will find out soon enough!!

Returning from Venice last Thursday we changed planes, BA to BA in Heathrow headed back home to DFW.  There was a require security check (shoes on but electronics and liquids in the scanning tray) and the process was fast and plenty of lines available.  Maybe a 5 minutes wait.  It was a nice surprise how quickly it went.

• Like 2