Haifa to Jerusalem Transportation

JohnZXZ

We are cruising in and out of Haifa in September 22.  Getting to Haifa should not be an issue.  The cruise ends on a Friday, and we are planning a few more nights in Jerusalem.  We discovered the trains are not operating on Fridays due to repairs.  I tried looking at taking a bus to Jerusalem using the Bus.co.il app but it is not straightforward.

I am curious what the others suggest may be the best option for traveling between Haifa and Jerusalem.

Thanks

No need to bother with bus.co.il, Google Maps does transit planning perfectly.

There are non-stop express bus services linking Haifa to Jerusalem - Route #940 from the Hof-HaCarmel central bus station and route #960 from the HaMifratz terminal. Roughly hourly departures on both routes. #940 is slightly less suspicable to traffic and has somewhat higher chance of getting seats. The BRT #1 line connects the port to both terminals.

September 22nd is a Thursday though. Beware that the following week is already the Jewish new year holiday, with further restrictions on transportation.

Also - do check closer to the trip. Some train lines are currently suspended on Friday because of electrification work (supposedly). This may change later on.

Thank you greatly lgKh.  

My post is confusing, the 22 is meant to be the year 2022. Sorry about the confusion. 

I will definitely follow your suggestion. I already checked out Google and it is so much easier.  

I will keep looking at the trains. I have the Israel Railways app and that is very easy.