Jump to content
,

Icy Strait Point Gondola/Tram tickets


harrtchr
 Share

Recommended Posts

Looking at ship's excursion which pays for gondola up mountain and then tram tour. Wondering if anyone did this on their own. Website says gondola ride is $15/pp. How much is tram tour?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 8:06 PM, harrtchr said:

Looking at ship's excursion which pays for gondola up mountain and then tram tour. Wondering if anyone did this on their own. Website says gondola ride is $15/pp. How much is tram tour?

What website are you finding that information of $15/pp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The gondola ride is $49.95 according to people who have been there this season.  Your ticket is good for the whole day.  I have also read 3 people who got their Mountaintop Gondola & Forest Tram excursions canceled.  Two where on Carnival and the other I think was Holland America.  I am booked on this but not holding my breath! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

There may be some confusion going on here. There are (I believe) 2 different Gondola systems. The first one is a flat ride Gondola that takes you between the 2 landing piers. NCL built their own pier and the accompanying Gondola that transports their passengers from their dock over to the main landing area with the (now defunct) salmon canning factory. I believe that is the one that costs $15. The second Gondola is the one that takes you to the mountaintop. That one is used to transport people who are taking the zipline back down. That one probably also accommodates people who just want to ride up to the mountaintop to look around and then ride back down (for @ $50). I'm guessing the Forest Tram is the remnants of the tram that used to take people up the mountain to ride the zipline before the Gondola system was built. So the Gondola/Tram package is probably a ride up to the mountaintop on the Gondola and then the Forest Tram back down the mountain on the road (or vice versa perhaps).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was at Icy Strait Point and Juneau this week. Allow me to clarify.

 

There are two gondola lifts at Icy Strait Point. The green one - called the Transporter - is free and transits between Wilderness Landing and the Adventure Center. It may have been $15 at one point but it is not any more. Note the FREE sign.

 

IMG_8077.thumb.JPG.9da08019d198a11e016e4b0f3cea941b.JPG

 

The red gondola - called Sky Glider - goes up the mountain from Wilderness Landing and costs $49.95 for unlimited rides. It is included with the ZipRider because it is the only way to get to the launch point.

 

The trams at ISP are like you would see in the parking lots at theme parks. They were not in use when I was there but may be at certain times.

 

Juneau has an aerial tramway that goes up Mount Roberts called the Goldbelt Tram. Not to be confused with the trams or gondolas at Icy Strait Point.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those of you who spent most of the day in Icy Strait Point did you notice the zipline in operation in the afternoon as well as the morning?  We are on NCL at the end of the month and want to do it but they are only offering early morning times and we have a private excursion planned then.  Just wondering if more spots will open up through the cruise line once we are onboard?  Or if there is a place to buy tickets on land?  Or maybe they just don't operate it all day.  Any help would be appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Celebrity is offering the Skyglider Gondola to Sky Peak for $39.00 unlimited rides.  

Anything to do up there besides enjoy the view if you are not riding the zip line?

Right now watch a bunch of construction equipment work on future stuff up there. But the view is incredible. Well worth it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, DLASflyer said:

I was at Icy Strait Point and Juneau this week. Allow me to clarify.

 

There are two gondola lifts at Icy Strait Point. The green one - called the Transporter - is free and transits between Wilderness Landing and the Adventure Center. It may have been $15 at one point but it is not any more. Note the FREE sign.

 

IMG_8077.thumb.JPG.9da08019d198a11e016e4b0f3cea941b.JPG

 

The red gondola - called Sky Glider - goes up the mountain from Wilderness Landing and costs $49.95 for unlimited rides. It is included with the ZipRider because it is the only way to get to the launch point.

 

The trams at ISP are like you would see in the parking lots at theme parks. They were not in use when I was there but may be at certain times.

 

Juneau has an aerial tramway that goes up Mount Roberts called the Goldbelt Tram. Not to be confused with the trams or gondolas at Icy Strait Point.


When you get to the mountain top with the red sky glider, is there a forest tram up there? is there anything to do other than lookout and zip rider?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kate-in-Canada said:


When you get to the mountain top with the red sky glider, is there a forest tram up there? is there anything to do other than lookout and zip rider?

Not when I was there. Even if there was, I’m not sure why you’d take a glorified golf cart through the woods when there’s the most amazing view to enjoy right at the top of the gondola.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DLASflyer said:

Not when I was there. Even if there was, I’m not sure why you’d take a glorified golf cart through the woods when there’s the most amazing view to enjoy right at the top of the gondola.

Because I have mobility issues.  Because I haven’t been there yet and haven’t what they views are where.  🙄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Now Im even more confused..so there is a free "people mover" to get to the area, then the gondola ($49 on ncl) which takes you up, but also a forest tram ($69) still being offered on my ncl account though Ive just read it is no longer functioning from 2 posters??image.png.5f71eef72d76e66ffc776b0e2ed21c17.png

image.png.5f71eef72d76e66ffc776b0e2ed21c17.png

image.png.0ff538988d2097c89a9838192affd77a.png

Edited by petuniaflower
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/7/2022 at 11:50 PM, DLASflyer said:

I was at Icy Strait Point and Juneau this week. Allow me to clarify.

 

There are two gondola lifts at Icy Strait Point. The green one - called the Transporter - is free and transits between Wilderness Landing and the Adventure Center. It may have been $15 at one point but it is not any more. Note the FREE sign.

 

IMG_8077.thumb.JPG.9da08019d198a11e016e4b0f3cea941b.JPG

 

The red gondola - called Sky Glider - goes up the mountain from Wilderness Landing and costs $49.95 for unlimited rides. It is included with the ZipRider because it is the only way to get to the launch point.

 

The trams at ISP are like you would see in the parking lots at theme parks. They were not in use when I was there but may be at certain times.

 

Juneau has an aerial tramway that goes up Mount Roberts called the Goldbelt Tram. Not to be confused with the trams or gondolas at Icy Strait Point.

Thank you!  That clarifies things for me. 

 

I knew there was a gondola that took people from dock to dock, but I was wondering if there were two gondolas.  Now I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was at ISP last month and found the same as reported above.  The green one transports between the two docking areas and the the red one ($49 plus tax) goes to the top for the great views, access to the zip Line and a short walk to a small lake (pond) area.   It appears there is a plan for a tram to move some around on top but I didn’t see one while there.  The walk to the lake is short and more or less flat.  The walk to the zip line area  has a  pretty steep downhill and unless you have prepaid for the zip line I wouldn’t recommend walking down this road for most people because the return trip will be challenging for many folks.  If you want to get your heart really pumping on a short walk go for it but you been warned.

 

  • I waited to purchase the Red ticket until I was at ISP to make sure the mountain top was clear before buying.  The price of $49 seems a little but high but the views were awesome and best enjoyed right a the bottom of the unloading are a few hundred yards from the top.A65CB77B-B957-4C6F-9006-6BADBD0C677D.thumb.jpeg.472fd9dac9b81af6e121d4b7278865de.jpeg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2022 at 9:32 AM, petuniaflower said:

Now Im even more confused..so there is a free "people mover" to get to the area, then the gondola ($49 on ncl) which takes you up, but also a forest tram ($69) still being offered on my ncl account though Ive just read it is no longer functioning from 2 posters??image.png.5f71eef72d76e66ffc776b0e2ed21c17.png

image.png.5f71eef72d76e66ffc776b0e2ed21c17.png

image.png.0ff538988d2097c89a9838192affd77a.png

Correct. The top is a construction site, albeit one with a gorgeous view. I don't see any reason to purchase any of this in advance. The SkyGlider has nearly unlimited capacity (5,600 guests per hour!) and the tram ride does not serve much of a purpose on days it even operates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At ISP last week (Celebrity Eclipse).  Gondola between the Cannery area and the ship dock was free (but very quick).  With multiple ships arriving at the same time, the line to take it from the dock was long (but moving fairly quickly).  As an alternative there is a walking trail along the water, takes less than 15 mins to walk it - slight slope up and then slight slope down - gravel surface.  I walked to the Cannery/restaurant/shop area and then took the Gondola back to the port later, when there was no line.

 

Gondola up the mountain was $39 for "unlimited" - which has a much longer "flight" time.  I didn't do that one - but don't really understand the "unlimited" part, would you really spend the day going up and down repeatedly 🤷‍♀️!

 

I can highly recommend the Crab House in the Cannery area - about US$33 for about 1/2 a crab, plus a beer for about $8.  I also had crab at Tracy's in Juneau and the ISP crab was the better of the two!  The other restaurant at the Cannery area did not appear to be open ... yet...  My friend walked in Hoonah village proper, she reported that several shops and restaurants there still not operating due to uncertainty of this year's season.  There is a bus shuttle from Cannery area into Hoonah, but it only seemed to be operating later in the afternoon, and I was told of issues getting on it due to it's limited availability.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know if the gondola lifts at Icy Strait Point. The green one - called the Transporter is within walking distance from the cruise port?  Also, I understand that it is free to ride on.  Does anyone know if the ride is round trip?  I assume I can take the green one back to the cruise port?

 

On 6/7/2022 at 8:50 PM, DLASflyer said:

I was at Icy Strait Point and Juneau this week. Allow me to clarify.

 

There are two gondola lifts at Icy Strait Point. The green one - called the Transporter - is free and transits between Wilderness Landing and the Adventure Center. It may have been $15 at one point but it is not any more. Note the FREE sign.

 

IMG_8077.thumb.JPG.9da08019d198a11e016e4b0f3cea941b.JPG

 

The red gondola - called Sky Glider - goes up the mountain from Wilderness Landing and costs $49.95 for unlimited rides. It is included with the ZipRider because it is the only way to get to the launch point.

 

The trams at ISP are like you would see in the parking lots at theme parks. They were not in use when I was there but may be at certain times.

 

Juneau has an aerial tramway that goes up Mount Roberts called the Goldbelt Tram. Not to be confused with the trams or gondolas at Icy Strait Point.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone who's been there recently? Is the tram at the top of the gondola running now? We are going on Norwegian Bliss in 3 weeks and have reserved the excursion including the tram but will cancel if it isn't running.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2022 at 10:03 PM, 40yearcruiser said:

Anyone who's been there recently? Is the tram at the top of the gondola running now? We are going on Norwegian Bliss in 3 weeks and have reserved the excursion including the tram but will cancel if it isn't running.


yes, there was a tram tour at the top.  Or a free walking tour. I didn’t do the tram.  Did the guided free walk. (Last week)
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2022 at 6:46 PM, helsee1 said:

Does anyone know if the gondola lifts at Icy Strait Point. The green one - called the Transporter is within walking distance from the cruise port?  Also, I understand that it is free to ride on.  Does anyone know if the ride is round trip?  I assume I can take the green one back to the cruise port?

 

 

There are 2 ship docks, one called adventure dock and one called wilderness dock.  The green gondola goes between the two docks, free all day and you can go one way, return, or back and forth multiple times.  And only steps away from both docks at each end.


the red gondola goes up the mountain has a fee, but then you can ride all day once you get a bracelet.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Experience more Co-op Holidays
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...