Princess Announces a 25% Teacher Appreciation Discount

Gretchendz

10 hours ago, tetleytea said:

DW did that from her work email and she got a verification email from Princess.  They said they would follow up again by May 31st with more information, but that never occurred.

I never got an email either.

I just put bookings thru. 

SOMETIMES it was there on the last page b4 booking & sometimes not--it does say "select sailings"

1 hour ago, KKB said:

I never got an email either.

I just put bookings thru. 

SOMETIMES it was there on the last page b4 booking & sometimes not--it does say "select sailings"

and the 50% off for nurses ( and others ) was so easy - click the email link - and only the available cruises showed up, but not all cabins were available at the discount price.

Sooo.... Princess notices my web activity on their site and asks if I need any help booking.  To which I say yes.   Cruise Vacation Planner leaves a voicemail and email and we start looking at sailings.

I ask about the Teacher Discount and say that's the reason we would consider another 2022 sailing.  Skid marks.  I guess I don't have a Cruise Vacation Planner anymore.

I booked two cruises with the discount, one of which I was able to refare as I had booked that cruise last October. The one with the discount has to be the one that books. It is absolutely easy to see if the discount applies, just go as far as the summary page. That is just a couple of steps. And don't forget that the 25% applies to fare and the plus or Premier packages. The only things not discounted are the taxes and insurance.  That 25% amounted to significant discount and did compare favorably to HAL. One of my cruises is the Island to Iceland and Greenland, 16 days. As a solo, I only paid $2500 total for a balcony with plus, all fees included. I thought that was a deal. Without the discount, total would have been $3250.

I agree that it is a bit confusing when you don't see that the discount WILL be applied, but if you are registered on the site, it will show up.

1 hour ago, judithzuz said:

I booked two cruises with the discount, one of which I was able to refare as I had booked that cruise last October. The one with the discount has to be the one that books. It is absolutely easy to see if the discount applies, just go as far as the summary page. That is just a couple of steps. And don't forget that the 25% applies to fare and the plus or Premier packages. The only things not discounted are the taxes and insurance.  That 25% amounted to significant discount and did compare favorably to HAL. One of my cruises is the Island to Iceland and Greenland, 16 days. As a solo, I only paid $2500 total for a balcony with plus, all fees included. I thought that was a deal. Without the discount, total would have been $3250.

I agree that it is a bit confusing when you don't see that the discount WILL be applied, but if you are registered on the site, it will show up.

I wonder why Princess themselves have so much trouble telling me that.   My thing is, I am the teacher's spouse, so if I book under my princess.com account, I don't see anything.   All I ever wanted was for Princess to just tell me that my spouse has to create an account and do it, or just call in.    Do they want to fill their cabins?

4 hours ago, jonesmen said:

Just curious - has anyone been able to use the discount after May 30th?  We received the verification email from SheerID in early June, but Princess has refused to apply the discount.

You weren't able to book using the discount until after May 30.

The discount applied to "select sailings"--perhaps the one you chose wasn't one of those.

I was able to use it on one California cruise but not Alaska.

I looked at some others--again, hit & miss.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/16/2022 at 7:20 PM, Coral said:

Please allow up to 14 days to view this benefit on your booking in Cruise Personalizer.
If you do not have a current booking, we’d love to see you on board soon!

So if I have a current booking, what?   They're not going to love seeing me on board?

I think my feelings are hurt.

5 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

So if I have a current booking, what?   They're not going to love seeing me on board?

They will love you even more once you make final payment 🙂

3 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

This is an old thread and is no longer valid.

10 minutes ago, Coral said:

This is an old thread and is no longer valid.

Not entirely true.  It is true that they currently do not have a teacher  promotion. However, as I indicated, teachers can sign up to get verified and be put on the email list for future discounts. As Princess says on the link:

"To thank teachers for all that they do for their students, Princess has special promotions throughout the year. There is not a current offer available, but when offers become active, they are sent via email to those who qualify. If you're not already verified with Princess as teacher, verify below!"

And

"Your successful verification makes you eligible to receive email offers from Princess that are exclusive to your teacher status. Be on the lookout for emails from Princess, and we can't wait to welcome you aboard!"

6 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

Not entirely true.  It is true that they currently do not have a teacher  promotion. However, as I indicated, teachers can sign up to get verified and be put on the email list for future discounts. As Princess says on the link:

"To thank teachers for all that they do for their students, Princess has special promotions throughout the year. There is not a current offer available, but when offers become active, they are sent via email to those who qualify. If you're not already verified with Princess as teacher, verify below!"

And

"Your successful verification makes you eligible to receive email offers from Princess that are exclusive to your teacher status. Be on the lookout for emails from Princess, and we can't wait to welcome you aboard!"

Ok - so after this original promo (which I didn't use as there was better pricing out there than what they gave to educators), there was a short promo in December time frame about buying Plus and getting upgraded to Premier. It was really difficult to figure out and no one at Princess knew about it.

So good luck with after getting verified and waiting for a promo. I wouldn't count your money just yet.

Edited by Coral