Princess Announces a 25% Teacher Appreciation Discount

5 minutes ago, Coral said:

It took about 3 minutes to get verified. Sort of confused as it makes it sound like it may work with an existing booking that is booked?

It says this after being verified.

We verified your eligibility for the special offer you requested.

Please allow up to 14 days to view this benefit on your booking in Cruise Personalizer.
If you do not have a current booking, we’d love to see you on board soon!

This is what confused me too. But, maybe my cruise isn't deemed "eligible." Who knows. Just disappointing as most teachers and staff of K-12 schools and universities have already booked their summer plans!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oalusk said:

I got an email about this today and got verified quickly! Unfortunately, Princess won't apply the discount to my already booked June cruise.

Did you get email confirmation of your verification? I forgot to print the page.

1 minute ago, Coral said:

Did you get email confirmation of your verification? I forgot to print the page.

Unfortunately,  I also forgot to save the page. I received verification of ID from the agency, but no email version of the confirmation page you posted.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, oalusk said:

Unfortunately,  I also forgot to save the page. I received verification of ID from the agency, but no email version of the confirmation page you posted.

Thanks. I haven't gotten confirmation yet.

----

Just got confirmation.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, oalusk said:

I received the email promotion today and got verified quickly! Unfortunately, Princess won't apply the discount to my already booked cruise for June, despite the confirmation page stating it would be located in my cruise personalizer. You have to apply by May 30 to receive the promotion on May 31.

So I finally got the email from Princess promoting this. There must be a huge delay when they send emails out to people. I noticed this recently with Elite emails about bookings opening up. A friend got hers in the morning and I got mine in the evening.

I got this email this evening, but to my disappointment, the promo isn't running for Canadian teachers. Princess knows I'm Canadian...why not just target emails to customers who might actually be able to use the promos? Now I just feel blah.

• Like 3

I have been coaching Baseball for twenty years. ️ Do I qualify for the discount. 
1 Championships with by Reds team.

1 Championship with my Red Sox team.

2 Championships with my Blue Jays team.

4 Championships with my Royals team.

Everybody like me except the umpires 😳. Just kidding some of them like me.😁😁

Tony

I got the email today & verified quickly once I ran through everything.

Curious--where do I enter the promo code?

We are considering cancelling our UK cruise this fall (SO SAD) but DH's aunt & uncle wanted to do an Alaska cruise this fall so it's a good plan (they are in their late 70s...so sooner is always better than later)

But I cannot figure out how to enter the promo code.

Thx!

9 hours ago, KKB said:

We are considering cancelling our UK cruise this fall (SO SAD) but DH's aunt & uncle wanted to do an Alaska cruise this fall so it's a good plan (they are in their late 70s...so sooner is always better than later)

Thx!

Your TA can enter the promo code in the system.  If you have no TA, you probably have to call Princess.

Posted (edited)

For those of you with questions on eligibility, it says:

Must be a verified teacher, faculty or staff at a K-12 or degree-granting university in the United States to receive this offer.

You will need a school email address.

If you are unsure or just hopeful, I suggest you take a few minutes and file. Worst that happens is they say no 🙂

https://offers.sheerid.com/princess/teacher/

Edited by Gretchendz

9 hours ago, KKB said:

Thx!

I got the impression we couldn't do anything for 2 weeks until we get an email from Princess. I think the date is May 30th or 31st.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

No need to wait for the email.  The verification is now public-facing on the Princess site: https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/teachers-cruise-deals/

Thank you! I will look up the promo code.

The email said:

Congratulations!
We have verified your eligibility on this special offer you requested.
Please allow up to 14 days to receive an email from Princess with your offer.
Kind Regards,
SheerID
Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Coral said:

Thank you! I will look up the promo code.

The email said:

Congratulations!
We have verified your eligibility on this special offer you requested.
Please allow up to 14 days to receive an email from Princess with your offer.
Kind Regards,
SheerID

I got that same email.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for putting this on the boards.  I never got the offer email, but I used the links posted and just got verified!  To those who got verified - did you get the offer email yet to book? 

I was just about to book the Regal this July from Barcelona to Rome so this offer will come in handy!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrownCruiserKK said:

To those who got verified - did you get the offer email yet to book? 

No. My email said we will receive an email from Princess within 14 days. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I think we have to wait until the end of the month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

for the nurses ( and others ) recent promotion - my wife was previously cleared by sheerID for a previous promotion for OBC.

the 50% off a current cruise email was received on 11/3/21, book by 12/31/21, sail by 2/28/22. We had to go thru that specific email received on 11/3/21 to receive the rate discount and book.

not all cabins on the cruises were eligible - only up to a deluxe balcony on the REGAL on a January 2022 cruise - which we booked ... once onboard, we got a comp upgrade to a premium deluxe balcony ( true aft ) 

• Like 3

I am on board royal princess  right now and I ask the future cruise consultant the promo .  He says the 25% off teacher appreciation discount is also for Canadian teachers too. He says he will get back to me with full info as I will not disembark until may 28.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, truffles68 said:

I am on board royal princess  right now and I ask the future cruise consultant the promo .  He says the 25% off teacher appreciation discount is also for Canadian teachers too. He says he will get back to me with full info as I will not disembark until may 28.

If you could follow up with that, I would really appreciate it! 

The future cruise consultant called my cabin last night to say he checked with his colleagues and said the promo 25 % off teacher appreciation offer was indeed ONLY for AMERICAN TEACHERS.  He apologized for giving me the wrong info earlier. 

1 hour ago, truffles68 said:

The future cruise consultant called my cabin last night to say he checked with his colleagues and said the promo 25 % off teacher appreciation offer was indeed ONLY for AMERICAN TEACHERS.  He apologized for giving me the wrong info earlier. 

Must be a verified teacher, faculty or staff at a K-12 or degree-granting university in the United States to receive this offer.

Campaign code: RF2MS031

I tried to verify my wife the other day and sheerID did not have her school listed (it is a degree granting school). I submitted a help request using the online form, but no response yet. I wish they'd use a better verification site like ID.me

Is anyone else having an issue with the verification?  When I put my school in (a public US High School) it just loads and loads...I guess I will keep trying.  I also with they would extend it into 2023 for sailings.