Allianz vs Nationwide

For their basic coverage Nationwide is pricing $30 higher than Allianz. 

Does nationwide cover something that Allianz does not that would make spending extra worth it?

No one can answer that without comparing the actual policies you are considering.

What do you see? Check the Schedule of Benefits for differences in dollar limits or line items that are covered in one but not the other.

• Thanks 1

Yes. You have to look at each policy. I just compared Nationwide Essential and Allianz One Trip Basic for a hypothetical trip. These may or may not be the policies you are considering. For me, the Nationwide price was more than $30 cheaper for two people on an inexpensive one week cruise. I always look at Medical. Nationwide was $75K coverage per person,  but it was secondary coverage. Allianz had only $10K of coverage,  but it was primary.  For me, neither one of these plans would work. In my situation, I need primary coverage and $10K is way too low.

Allianz offers many different plans often sold through travel agents, so your plan may be very different from the one I looked at.

A good insurance broker such as tripinsurancestore.com is very helpful in walking you through options and answering questions. They don't sell either one of these plans, but they will find you an appropriate one for your situation. 

• Thanks 1