Any advantage to using a TA for booking Disney cruises?

docsneeze

We are silver members and booked early when 2023 bookings opened directly with DCL.  Is there any advantage or disadvantage to transferring our booking to a local TA?  Thank you for your input.

A good TA will continue to monitor your reservation for any price changes.  They may also offer on board credit and some will take care of making reservations for specialty dining.

• 2 months later...

DCL customer service is great - always helpful and knowledgeable in my experience.  Sometimes long call times but manageable.  Definitely better than losing control of your reservation to a TA who has no accountability.

On 8/2/2022 at 6:43 PM, warpdryv said:

DCL customer service is great - always helpful and knowledgeable in my experience.  Sometimes long call times but manageable.  Definitely better than losing control of your reservation to a TA who has no accountability.

I don't think there is any wrong answer here. But I do have to ask, how do you lose control. I was still able to book all my own excursions, restaurant reservations, spa, tastings and etc. The only thing I have to do is go through my TA to either cancel or make payments. As for manageable call times, My first DCL cruise was with a TA. My second I booked on line. When it was time to cancel the cruise in 2020 I was on hold for over 5 hours before finally getting ahold of a service rep. This time around I went back to a TA. Again, not attacking you, there is no wrong or right answer here. 

How do you “loose control”. Either way you need to pick up a phone. I am hearing of hours long wait times on other forums.  Then being put on hold, disconnected. It’s bad when the work arounds suggested are to use the Spanish speaking line, hit the new bookings number, etc I have seen enough consistent complaints that for now, I would stick with a high volume Disney agency.
I can text my TA and get an immediate response.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jacqueline said:

How do you “loose control”. Either way you need to pick up a phone. I am hearing of hours long wait times on other forums.  Then being put on hold, disconnected. It’s bad when the work arounds suggested are to use the Spanish speaking line, hit the new bookings number, etc I have seen enough consistent complaints that for now, I would stick with a high volume Disney agency.
I can text my TA and get an immediate response.  

I agree with that 100%. I'm using a TA  for my Disney trip in December, who's agency also owns and runs one of the largest Disney forum sites and are experts in and out anything Disney. The service, advise, and communication I have received has been impressive. Now the TA I am using for my Regent Seven Sea cruise in March has been good, but nothing like my DCL agent. 

• Like 1