Dominican Republic - Casa de Campo - Cueva de las Maravillas

MandyGirl

Has anyone visited Cueva de las Maravillas at the Casa de Campo port in the Dominican Republic? It is our first port of call on our upcoming Celebrity Infinity cruise, and my husband is interested in it. I tried doing a search on CruiseCritic for past reviews, but to no avail. Thanks!:)

Here is the description provided by Celebrity:

As you depart from the pier, you will drive through the town of La Romana. The caves have just recently been made accessible to visitors, with an impressive array of steps and magnificent lighting which highlights the internal features. There are also several original hieroglypics which date back to the original Taino Indians. After visiting the "Cueva de las Maravillas" you will stop at Columbus plaza for shopping and then back to the ship.

• 11 months later...

MandyGirl,

Did you decide to go on this excursion? What did you think? We'll be there next week and it is intriguing to me. Do you have any other tips or recomendations for Casa de Campo port? I'm also stumped on San Jose...

if your ship is there late.. take the ship's excursion to see the Kandela show.. not to be missed.. we did the electric bike tour thru the ship and enjoyed it.. also , if you just want to do beach there is the bayabe beach.. you can either take a cab or do the ship's tour..there is snorkeling from the beach in front of the resort

Archived