I'm RUNNING to the ship!

Cruise Cat

a little bit of a slow week this week - i didn't make it to the gym for a few days (just trying to wrap up loose ends at work) and am way off my pace, but i'm gonna keep on going.

good luck to everyone, and keep up the good work! good to see you're feeling better cruise cat!!!

Week Ending May 13, 2006

Total Miles Logged - 97.37

Total Calories Burned - 6561

Miles to Go Before Cruise - 106.63

Miles to Go Total - 4291.63

jocey

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!

I was a slacker today myself. Burned out from work, had to go pick stuff up from cleaners before they closed, so was too mind fried and tired to venture back across town to the gym. Sticking to my healthy eating habits today though. Recharged my I-Pod so I am ready to hit the treadmill big time tomorrow. Can push on my left heel with my right foot as hard as I can and can't feel any pain or even the slightest discomfort!!!!!! Will get on the leg machine this week and exercise it with no plates (10 lb default) and add a little each week as it strengthens.

Again, keep up the good work and support for each other!!!!!:)

Only a mile and a half today as I was late to gym, forgot water bottle, and had to leave early to cut the grass.

OVERALL TOTALS

Cruise Booked: 2/26/2006

Cruise Date: 8/27/2006

Miles Logged: 43.25

Miles to Go: 456.75

Days Left: 103

8 miles on the bike on Mon and a 5.2 mile bike/jog on Tuesday. Unfortunately I managed to acquire a small cold, so I slacked today to rest and hope it doesn't blow up into something big.

Started: 4/18/06

Cruise: 10/1/06

Miles Logged:78.12

Miles to go: 471.88

I've never thought of it...I wish I had read this thread sooner. What a great personal goal. Sure there may be pitfalls but I am too close to the date of my cruise to run enough miles to get there. Basically I have 100 days and live 1241 miles from the port....over twelve miles per day? oh well.

I did join a beginning running team and we had our first meeting last night. It was fun. 1.8 miles for a first run. My mind is set and I will develop some personal goals next. Deep in my mind I am thinking of the Disney Marathon in January. I've always wanted to do it. Is this the year I do it?

Hi folks, I would like to join in if you don't mind. First of all congrats on what you have accomplished so far. I do not have a cruise planned right now but we are going to Florida in Nov. for a beach vacation and I would like to get back in shape.

I have been running for the last 16 years off and on but I have not run in the last 8 weeks because of knee pain. I actually plan on working out today to get back in shape and to drop a few pounds by November.

Today I plan on walking and then try to jog a little, it is like starting all over again.:)

Well, this week didn't go as well as planned. I took Wednesday as my usual rest day, and then Thursday ended up being an unscheduled off day because I was busy Wed night on Medic duty, needed the extra sleep in the AM!! But I did get in a 7.9 mile bike ride at the gym today!

Started:4/18/06

Cruise: 10/1/06

Miles Logged:110.27

Miles to go:439.73

Today started out great with a 1 mile walk and a two mile jog. :D I just got back home from a cookout at our friends house and things got out of hand here. The food was so good I thought I was back on a cruise and going through the buffet line over and over.:o Need to get up early tomorrow and hit the track!

It's been a little while, but things have gotten really busy at work, so I haven't been able to log on and post lately. The weather here in MD has been mild with lots of scattered thunder storms, and the high pressure systems havent been letting me sleep very well, and hey make my knees ache, so I'm going to have some major catching up to do to get back on track. I might not be able to make my goal before the cruise, but I sure can try and see how much I can get done!

Started:4/18/06

Cruise:10/1/06

Miles logged:137.59

Miles to go:412.41

Wow! No rain today. It has rained 24 of the last 30 days. Just finished a brisk 3 mile walk. Why does everyone who lives on my street have a need to cook out on the grill tonight when I am trying to drop a few calories.:p

• 1 month later...

OK, OK - I have been a real bum. Working a lot, traveling and not making time for excercise. I obviously won't make my goal now, but I am going to get back on track for the final 30 days.

OVERALL TOTALS

Cruise Booked: 2/26/2006

Cruise Date: 8/27/2006

Miles Logged: 49.25

Miles to Go: 450.75

Days Left: 31

• 4 years later...

Getting back to it again. Did 99 minutes on treadmil today for 6.4 miles at a 1.0 incline. This is the only weightloss that wooks for me. I need to have a calorie deficit. The gimike things really don't work. As I have called it before, "The Third Grade Math Diet" Calories out must exceed calories in and 3500 calories equals a pound.

Took a day off to go to hockey game then yesterday I did 31 minutes at 1.0 incline for about 2.4 miles (from memory), and did some weights. Tonight I did 70 minutes at 1.0 incline for about 4.5 miles (again from memory - I really need to bring something to write with!)

Fighting through some blisters on my right foot. Been through this before, but it has been awhile. I've got to build those caluses back up. I've doubled up my socks and am making sure shoes are the right amount of "snug". I popped the two big ones Sunday night and did ok yesterday, but today the one at the top of the ball beneath the big toe flared up. It's borderline on whether it warrents poppoing or not.

Been trying to catch up on backlog of running mags as well. Need to get back into the running mentality. This weekend I will find 1 -2 5Ks to sign up for in few weeks from now.:)