7 mile beach from cruise port

sunfish8

Hi!  We just did a cruise stop here today, from the North port. We walked outside of the cruise area and there was more vendors able to offer rides/ tours. We did a ride in a van, with others, it was $6/per person ( American dollar).  I did overhear someone else say they flagged down a taxi for $2.50( I don't know their starting point). We all went to Public beach ( yes that is the name of the beach). There was vendors there renting chairs and umbrellas. Cost was between $15-$25 depending on if you tried to negotiate.  A vendor was also selling soda and juice. There is a liquor store and bar, walking away from beach, to the right. Trafalgar place, I think it was called. We did not check this out, so I can't comment further. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Makth4 said:

Hi!  We just did a cruise stop here today, from the North port. We walked outside of the cruise area and there was more vendors able to offer rides/ tours. We did a ride in a van, with others, it was $6/per person ( American dollar).  I did overhear someone else say they flagged down a taxi for $2.50( I don't know their starting point). We all went to Public beach ( yes that is the name of the beach). There was vendors there renting chairs and umbrellas. Cost was between $15-$25 depending on if you tried to negotiate.  A vendor was also selling soda and juice. There is a liquor store and bar, walking away from beach, to the right. Trafalgar place, I think it was called. We did not check this out, so I can't comment further. 

Were there restrooms available?

On 5/23/2022 at 2:59 PM, Makth4 said:

Was it $15-25 per chair or total?

On 5/29/2022 at 9:39 AM, KKB said:

Was it $15-25 per chair or total?

We were at Public Beach last week.  We got two chairs and an umbrella for $15 although he originally asked for $20.  We were the only ship in port that day so there were not many people on the beach.  It was great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So do you think it would make sense to stop at a Grocery Store and get some snacks and then taxi to Public Beach for the day?  How far of a walk is it to the food/drinks on the beach?    

Edited by kstetser
new question

Depends on if there is a food truck there or not, and I don't know if they have a definite schedule.  There really isn't much food and drink available there, so I would do the grocery store option, honestly.  If you go to Kirk's you will find a great selection of cheeses for example (like real Cheddar from England!) - get some crackers, pepperoni, grapes or whatever and you have  a nice picnic on your hands.  🙂

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For the bus you just walk to the road and when a bus comes along it will honk its horn and you wave to it, and it stops.  Not sure whether it actually goes to the ship, though - you may have a short walk in George Town.  As for a taxi, there is an app for your phone so you can at least calculate the fare.

https://www.caymantransport.ky/cayman-islands-transportation-app

Getting one may be a challenge, depending on where on SMB you are.

Edited by TravellingBritNY

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, The Med said:

How often do the buses run to and from 7 mile beach?

Every 15-20 min maybe?  Bus schedules are just a suggestion, really, not a set thing.  “Soon come” as the locals say…things tend to run on Island Time.

On 5/30/2022 at 5:25 PM, rogueriver said:

We were at Public Beach last week.  We got two chairs and an umbrella for $15 although he originally asked for $20.  We were the only ship in port that day so there were not many people on the beach.  It was great!

Was there any food or drinks available, like beer, burgers, etc.? Thanks..we go in April..

Big Al