best upgrade

best ship within ship experience  

1 member has voted

1. 1. surprised at all the upgrade options. what is your favorite

• the haven
    • the yacht club
    • the retreat
    • the other

Are you looking at booking a suite, or upgrading from a regular cabin to a suite? How would you define "best"? What kind of suite are you wanting? Entry level  or penthouse? The answer to any of those questions would influence my answer.

And instead of a suite on a mass market line, have you considered the included amenities in a regular cabin on a luxury line?

For starters, have a look at vlogs on you tube cruiser channels. Tips for Travellers has several videos on the suite experience on several different lines. Here's one:  https://youtu.be/qkHg14fp6bE

Edited by mom says

My best upgrades (and it has happened only twice in my cruising career) was from a HAL standard veranda stateroom.  Then, to a Signature Suite.  Finally, 48 hours before sailing, to a Neptune Suite.  All of these were paid upgrades; for each the amount paid was very reasonable.

The one "free" upgrade was on the Amsterdam from an outside cabin of one category to the same type of cabin in the next higher category.  (Big deal----not)  Thankfully, the location of both cabins were where I desire, just one deck higher for the upgrade.  

On 5/27/2022 at 9:48 PM, Terrance Hashimoto said:

not sure where to even start looking or if I should even consider a "ship within a ship" upgrade

For the same price (or perhaps even less if you know how best to do the booking), you could cruise on an actual premium/luxury line rather than the imitation “ship within a ship” pretenders.

3 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

For the same price (or perhaps even less if you know how best to do the booking), you could cruise on an actual premium/luxury line rather than the imitation “ship within a ship” pretenders.

I would partially agree with you.  My booking in Yacht Club did not approach the price of a booking on Silverseas, Seabourn, or Regent.  

(Sailing the first week in January after the Meraviglia's holiday cruises may have helped.  I have found that week to be "the golden week" for good cruise prices.)  

I don't understand the question.  Are you asking which would be better to be upgraded to or which would be better to outright book?  Either way, there's no way I can vote if I don't know your cruising preferences.  Those are 3 different lines.  And I'm not sure what you mean by "the other."  

Edited by Aquahound