Rhythms of the Night in PV Question

slimbyspring

It doesnot sell out that quick. However it could be the return of this show is too late depending what time your ship sails. 

17 minutes ago, slimbyspring said:

Is 9PM to early?

Yes.  So consider that it does not even get dark until about 7pm and the show is almost always performed at night.  It takes over 50 minutes just to get back to the port from Las Caletas and that does not include the time to get folks on and off the catamarans'.   When we have seen cruise ships have those tours they generally do not depart until about 11pm.  

Hank

33 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Yes.  So consider that it does not even get dark until about 7pm and the show is almost always performed at night.  It takes over 50 minutes just to get back to the port from Las Caletas and that does not include the time to get folks on and off the catamarans'.   When we have seen cruise ships have those tours they generally do not depart until about 11pm.  

Hank

Ok  - thanks!  Guess I will look for other options for PV!

8 minutes ago, slimbyspring said:

Ok  - thanks!  Guess I will look for other options for PV!

Your post got me thinking about cruise schedules for this winter.  Carnival used to stay in PV until 11pm (on some cruises) and we have seen other ships stay to 10 or 11 so they can do that tour.  But this upcoming year it looks like many cruise lines are cutting their port times which allow them to cruise at more fuel efficient speeds.   It might be interesting to see if some lines further reduce their port times. 

Hank

7 hours ago, slimbyspring said:

Is 9PM to early?

We are sailing on the Carnival Panorama in July and in PV from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm and booked it through the ship (it seems they can't sell to cruise ship passengers except through the ship) and our tour is 3:30 - 8:15 PM

16 hours ago, Woody14 said:

We are sailing on the Carnival Panorama in July and in PV from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm and booked it through the ship (it seems they can't sell to cruise ship passengers except through the ship) and our tour is 3:30 - 8:15 PM

Ok - maybe we will still be able to do it then....thanks!  

If you cannot do the Rhythms of the Night excursion, here is something completely different that might be offered and might satisfy you:

I took the excursion called “Tequila Tasting, Mayahuel Experience” in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  This was booked through the Majestic Princess.

There were about 45 of us, and the bus was pretty full.  There were two guides plus the driver.  They gave out a free tequila to everyone.  They tried to sell an unlimited tequila pass for the tour.  

The bus dropped us off  downtown, in El Centro by the Lighthouse.  We walked a very short distance to the Seahorse.  A group of Indian dancers walking along the Malecon performed for tips.  Our group then walked up towards the Cathedral, stopping at Marino y Marino Jewelry Store, where free margaritas were offered.  I do not know if Marina y Marina pays off the tour company for bringing us in – I assume so based on prior experience.    I do not know if they made any sales to any of our group.

Then, we walked up to the Cathedral.  We had plenty of time as tourists.  Then, we boarded the bus and were taken a short distance to the Mango Beach Club for lunch.  Lunch was included in our excursion price, but not drinks.  The guides had warned us of the cost of margaritas at Mango Beach Club, and no one at our table ordered anything but soda ($3US each).  Lunch was a salad, tacos (beef, chicken or pork), a quesadella.  Lunch was a buffet-line, not table-service.  The food was good.  The restaurant and the restrooms were clean.  The servers were friendly.  

Next, we walked about a block or two up the street to the Vallarta Theater/Tequila Sales Room.  They gave out free samples, about a thimbleful of various flavored tequilas.  I tried a chocolate tequila, but I didn’t care for it.  My wife had a different flavored tequila, which she enjoyed.  Fortunately, they wanted about $100US for a bottle, and she declined.  Finally, they opened the theater and we went in. [The tequila Sales Room is the lobby of the theater.]

Mayahuela was an amazing show, sort of Cirque De Solie in style.  Dancing, special effects, fire dancing, drama, acrobatics [both seesaw and trampoline, a la CDS, plus some aerial].   

After the show, they played several movies of tequila making, and explained the differences among four types of tequila.  They then brought to each of us a “flight” of four tequilas, a bottle of water and a cracker to cleanse the palate between the four samples. 

There was then time for more sales of bottles of tequila, and then the bus ride back to the pier.   Some of the people stayed in El Centro for some personal time; they made their way back to the ship on their own.  

I did not really notice the number of tequila shots that were offered to the guests, and I have no idea of the quality of the tequilas offered. 

Overall, the tour was very good.  The price ($100 per person) was reasonable.  I noticed a few weeks later that the price had been reduced, but I was pleased with the tour at $100 pp.

On 5/31/2022 at 9:34 AM, slimbyspring said:

We will be on the Panorama in February 2023.  Does this excursion typically sell out or when is it normally listed on Carnivals site?  I don't currently see it and would like to book it for our cruise.

Vallarta Adventures (excursion provider) often has special times/performances in support of the cruise industry. It is common practice (for cruise ship passengers) to have the cultural show in late afternoon followed by dinner and a return to the ship.  [See Woody14 post above]. The rest of the world (resort guests and late departure ships) does the dinner on arrival followed by the show and return to Vallarta.

It might be too early for Carnival to post excursions for February 2023.

Enjoy! . . .