Endicott Arm/Dawes Up Close?

seagunthera

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got off our cruise on Monday. The day of the glacier our captain announced we would be going up Tracy Arm vs Endicott. We were on the small boat glacier explorer and got SO CLOSE to the glacier, it was fantastic! Our ship, Disney Wonder, was still a fair distance away. We did Endicott in 2017, also on the Wonder, and got way closer on the ship that year. That was end of August 2017 vs end of July 2022.

On 6/15/2022 at 11:45 AM, seagunthera said:

Bumping this to see if any recent sailings respond.  Thanks!

This is what CC says about bumping on their guidelines -

"Bumping
Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time."

DON

• Like 1

Definitely worth it. We were there last week on Celebrity Solstice. The glacier was beautiful as well as the waterfalls. After leaving the glacier we did some whale watching. We then continued to Juneau to meet the ship. 

4E5D8560-C482-4F1B-9915-7537F5B53B43.jpeg

D13B5017-7260-47CF-A5F2-DBAD1A87647A.jpeg

AEC6A970-61D8-4BA8-84BA-0E08BF10D9BF.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 1:41 AM, bcwife76 said:

Just got off our cruise on Monday. The day of the glacier our captain announced we would be going up Tracy Arm vs Endicott. We were on the small boat glacier explorer and got SO CLOSE to the glacier, it was fantastic! Our ship, Disney Wonder, was still a fair distance away. We did Endicott in 2017, also on the Wonder, and got way closer on the ship that year. That was end of August 2017 vs end of July 2022.

I'm going to be sailing the Wonder soon and I'm curious as to how big the glacier explorer boat was and how rough was the trip?  I have to be careful with seasickness but would love to get closer to a glacier!  Plus, there's a 100% chance it will be raining the day we are there.  LOL - just my luck.
Thank you!!  

6 hours ago, PookyCat said:

I'm going to be sailing the Wonder soon and I'm curious as to how big the glacier explorer boat was and how rough was the trip?  I have to be careful with seasickness but would love to get closer to a glacier!  Plus, there's a 100% chance it will be raining the day we are there.  LOL - just my luck.
Thank you!!  

We had absolutely gorgeous weather on our excursion and the water was NOT rough at all. Even on a rainy/over cast day I don't think it would be rough to be honest. 

I'd say the boat holds roughly 150 people? You can free donuts holes and hot chocolate on board and there is a small concession to buy other drinks and snacks. I had a glacierita lol and my husband had a beer. We ended up switching drinks half way through, the glacierita was strong and a bit too sweet for me!