Change of embark port.

Migueldentis

Hi, 

Our port of embark, Genoa, have been changed to Nice, 2 months before our departure.

In the same way, Ravenna replaces Venice as  debark port.

We already have the flights purchased and this means that we have to buy new flights or change our visit plans and buy new train tickets.

Does anyone in a similar situation know if Azamara can compensate us for the added expenses?

Thanks a lot.

Miguel.

I am sorry to hear about your change of embarkation port. The issue with Venice was out of control from Azamara because Venice is not accepting cruise ships anymore. At least this is my understanding. But what is the reason for changing Genoa and taking Nice instead? I have not heard of this happening before. I recommend you contact Azamara and request compensation.

Ivi

We will also arrive in Milan by night train Saturday morning. 

There are trains to Genoa Airport. From there will be a complimentary bus shuttle to the ship. This will work for us although it will be an 3 hours ride. 

I fear, Azamara will not compensate. They give FCC.

We are also affected on the cruise prior.  Azamara will be providing complimentary transfers to/ from Nice and Genoa.  I don't see why there would be a need for compensation.

Edited by laurieb
  • Like 1

Thank you all for your answers!!!

This will works for us too.

I would appreciate if you inform us of any news regarding complimentary transfer, expecially if it is possible to take it from train station.

Miguel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Migueldentis said:

Thank you all for your answers!!!

This will works for us too.

I would appreciate if you inform us of any news regarding complimentary transfer, expecially if it is possible to take it from train station.

Miguel

I would think it will only be from the airport

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, laurieb said:

We are also affected on the cruise prior.  Azamara will be providing complimentary transfers to/ from Nice and Genoa.  I don't see why there would be a need for compensation.

For some the bus ride from Genoa to Nice (over 2 hours) is not something they can do so they will need to change flights and at this late stage that will incur fees.  So in some circumstances compensation would be a very valid question to ask

• Like 3

20 hours ago, travelberlin said:

I am sorry to hear about your change of embarkation port. The issue with Venice was out of control from Azamara because Venice is not accepting cruise ships anymore. At least this is my understanding. But what is the reason for changing Genoa and taking Nice instead? I have not heard of this happening before. I recommend you contact Azamara and request compensation.

Ivi

Dock renovations is the reason given, Ivi.  

FF5CBFF6-186D-4A24-973D-3D1EF6704E05.thumb.jpeg.12c8e52b9b5eb8db33ce1ec3e7faf66d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Azamara is offering FCC of between $200 and $500, depending on cabin category booked, as compensation. 

In order to alleviate the changes made to the itinerary, all guests booked on this voyage prior to June 3rdwill receive a Future Cruise Credit of $250 per stateroom for insides and oceanviews, $300 for verandas, and $500 for suites. This Future Cruise Credit will be available once your voyage has completed and can be redeemed on a new Azamara voyage. This Future Cruise Credit is only available to guests that remain booked and complete their voyage

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

Azamara is offering FCC of between $200 and $500, depending on cabin category booked, as compensation. 

Glad the need for compensation was recognised

Very fair

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

In order to alleviate the changes made to the itinerary, all guests booked on this voyage prior to June 3rdwill receive a Future Cruise Credit of $250 per stateroom for insides and oceanviews, $300 for verandas, and $500 for suites. This Future Cruise Credit will be available once your voyage has completed and can be redeemed on a new Azamara voyage. This Future Cruise Credit is only available to guests that remain booked and complete their voyage

Hmmm we’ve not received that offer for the July 30th cruise 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, uktog said:

For some the bus ride from Genoa to Nice (over 2 hours) is not something they can do so they will need to change flights and at this late stage that will incur fees.  So in some circumstances compensation would be a very valid question to ask

Our letter states that if our flight leaves Genoa after 1pm that Azamara will guarantee we make our flight, but any flights scheduled before that “must” be changed to a later time.  Our flight is scheduled at 11:50, but we’re flying to Amsterdam to join the quest, not flying back to the US. I would think that the transfers start early enough for our flight 

31 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Hmmm we’ve not received that offer for the July 30th cruise 

We haven’t received any mail regarding FCC either. If it is correct it will cover some of the costs with regards to possible rebooking of flights.

I first received an email advising the following:

Due to a change in your reservation, we have cancelled your existing Azamara Upgrade offer(s).

If you are still eligible to bid for any upgrades, you'll receive a new invitation email within the next 24 hours.

We are on the cruise that was to end in Genoa, but we were flying out of Milan.  So, I guess we will have to endure change fees with Delta.  Is the ship offering Covid tests to fly home?  I am willing to pay, but their wifi is useless for a proctored test.

28 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

According to the bidding page on the website we’re now departing from Nicosia, Cyprus. 🤣🤣

3721EB58-A337-413F-8E11-68E418A29F1C.thumb.jpeg.646b16121efa8f69bd5f5e6d2de4181e.jpeg

Do you laugh or cry?  What a mess.  I'm kind of glad that we don't sail with Azamara again until 2023.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 10:12 AM, laurieb said:

Our letter states that if our flight leaves Genoa after 1pm that Azamara will guarantee we make our flight, but any flights scheduled before that “must” be changed to a later time.  Our flight is scheduled at 11:50, but we’re flying to Amsterdam to join the quest, not flying back to the US. I would think that the transfers start early enough for our flight 

Even domestically you need at least 2 hours before your flight.  Most airports are short handed so lines are longer too.  That means you need to be there no later than 9:50.  Plus a 2.5 hour drive?  What time do you expect the port authorities start working so embarkation can start?