Saga Taxi Transfers - Current Situation

arlowood

38 minutes ago, maesteggirl said:

We are also on that cruise and when I spoke to Saga yesterday checking it was a private transfer -(MYSAGA said shared )- I was told they were extending private transfers until the end ofAugust.

This makes absolute sense , when we went mid May "only" 1 million cases per week of covid in UK, we had private transfers.  Now at 3.5 million cases, having shared transfers would be asking for trouble. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maesteggirl said:

We are also on that cruise and when I spoke to Saga yesterday checking it was a private transfer -(MYSAGA said shared )- I was told they were extending private transfers until the end ofAugust.

Thanks for this information.  I will now attempt to get a refund for the private transfer I paid for two days ago!

Edited by Medeba

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 2:26 PM, Northern Miss said:

I am on SofA on the 6th August out of Southampton and on 'My Saga' it tells me I'm in a shared car and my pick up time is 9.00am.

20 hours ago, Medeba said:

Anyone else received their luggage tags and reminder about Covid passes? We have booked our excursions and are very much looking forward to this cruise.

Also good news about private transfers provision being extended to 25 August. I had already paid for a private transfer as we live more than 75 miles from Dover so I’m waiting for a refund of that payment.

On 7/18/2022 at 2:26 PM, Northern Miss said:

I am on SofA on the 6th August out of Southampton and on 'My Saga' it tells me I'm in a shared car and my pick up time is 9.00am.

It's private. If you read COVID updates on Saga web page you'll see the latest information re cars. It changes monthly

On 7/18/2022 at 10:50 AM, paulatsea said:

Only danger is if the driver tests positive - I read of someone who had a private saga transfer and the driver tested positive and they were denied boarding.

Private,shared if anyone including driver tests positive you're sent home. It's happened more than once but nowt we can do about it

29 minutes ago, JoJo1947 said:

Private,shared if anyone including driver tests positive you're sent home. It's happened more than once but nowt we can do about it

Always ask your driver if they've been tested that morning. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Always ask your driver if they've been tested that morning. 

Are they required to be tested ? Do you know ?

I think I’ll ask saga - if the expectation is that they are tested I would ask for another car if they said they had not been tested - and see what happens.

3 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Are they required to be tested ? Do you know ?

I think I’ll ask saga - if the expectation is that they are tested I would ask for another car if they said they had not been tested - and see what happens.

They are required to test. Apparently some people are asking their driver if he has tested and if not having a test available to give him before getting in the car

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Medeba said:

👍🙌🏻.  We have been isolating so it will be really good to get away.

We're looking forward to Bordeaux. This will be out third attempt at Bordeaux - we were supposed to go there with P&O some years ago, but that fell through when they sold Adonia. Then we were due to go there with Saga in July 2020, and we all know what happened then. Third time lucky?

12 hours ago, LondonLad60 said:

We're looking forward to Bordeaux. This will be out third attempt at Bordeaux - we were supposed to go there with P&O some years ago, but that fell through when they sold Adonia. Then we were due to go there with Saga in July 2020, and we all know what happened then. Third time lucky?

Hopefully it will be third time lucky for you.  We too are looking forward to Bordeaux and sailing up the Garonne to get there.  It's a shame that the tides prevent us from having a full day there, but I'm not complaining!

14 hours ago, Medeba said:

Hopefully it will be third time lucky for you.  We too are looking forward to Bordeaux and sailing up the Garonne to get there.  It's a shame that the tides prevent us from having a full day there, but I'm not complaining!

If you have a spare couple of hours, the Garden Public is a very lovely spot and only about 600m or so  from where the ship is likely to dock. It has lawns, lakes, waterfowl and some interesting gardens (probably a bit parched this year). There are one or two shady streets that lead there from the quay. If you make for the nearby Place Tourny in Downtown, there's a signpost to the Park 200m away.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wacktle said:

We were in Bordeaux on SoD in Oct 2019 for a full day and overnight.

We were on that trip as well - that was our third visit to Bordeaux, a city I love.

If you are interested in wine tasting, Medeba and LondonLad60, Le Bar à Vin, which is run by the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Bordeaux, is very much worth visiting. It is closed on Sundays, but open on the Monday from 11am, so you could manage it before your departure from Bordeaux. It's at 3, cours du XXX Juillet, near the tourist office and is very walkable (staggerable!) from where the ship docked in 2019. 

Have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wacktle said:

We were in Bordeaux on SoD in Oct 2019 for a full day and overnight. Don't miss the bridge that opens up! Have a great time.

9 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

If you have a spare couple of hours, the Garden Public is a very lovely spot and only about 600m or so  from where the ship is likely to dock. It has lawns, lakes, waterfowl and some interesting gardens (probably a bit parched this year). There are one or two shady streets that lead there from the quay. If you make for the nearby Place Tourny in Downtown, there's a signpost to the Park 200m away.

5 hours ago, Vivaldi said:

We were on that trip as well - that was our third visit to Bordeaux, a city I love.

If you are interested in wine tasting, Medeba and LondonLad60, Le Bar à Vin, which is run by the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Bordeaux, is very much worth visiting. It is closed on Sundays, but open on the Monday from 11am, so you could manage it before your departure from Bordeaux. It's at 3, cours du XXX Juillet, near the tourist office and is very walkable (staggerable!) from where the ship docked in 2019. 

Have a great cruise!

Many thanks to you all.  Suggestions copied and safely stowed away in our information folder.

15 hours ago, Vivaldi said:

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for that Vivaldi.  I'll certainly check that out.

On 8/23/2022 at 5:10 PM, Cruise Prolific said:

I understand that Saga have reverted back to Shared car transfers for future sailings rather than the Private car transfer that has been used since their sailings resumed post pandemic  

We always have a private car... sometime have to pay a few £s extra but it's never been a problem over the last five years... pre and post covid.