Alternative to a funeral

number5

I've been seeing at TV advert for some time with a direct funeral company  where, after you have died, instead of having a funeral, they take care of everything and after the cremation return the ashes to your family. It seems to be great if you don't want a traditional funeral but I was just wondering that with all the advertising they are doing and the amount of people signing up whether they can cope if there is an increase of the amount of deaths. They seem to have just one incinerator at their cremation center in Hampshire which is for everyone who dies in England/Wales and somewhere separate for Scotland

Even if they have 2 chambers, a cremation usually takes 1-3 hours and cooling takes 1-2 hours so it seems that you can only cremate at most 8 bodies a day in one chamber if you assume 3 hours per body. So I was wondering if they have more than 16 deaths a day in England how are they going to cope as I am thinking with the huge amount of advertising they are doing they must have a huge number of clients.

Anyone have any thoughts and am I wrong with the figures I have given ?

• 2 weeks later...