Jump to content
,

Live report for Coral Princess 16th June


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Yes their last b2b is the 2024 WC. 

Is anybody just a teeny weeny jealous?😃

I'm not jealous. I could do it if I wanted to. Although I love cruising, I would find it very repetitious after the first several months. The other aspect is that I enjoy spending time with our family and wouldn't be satisfied with a quick catch-up when the ship came into Brisbane between cruises.

 

Anyway, if they don't start out as the Most Travelled Passenger, they soon will be. 🙂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You've always been able to swap your Elite minibar for coffee cards etc.

 

And yes, it is a suite benefit as well, I just checked. Hmmm, if you're Elite and in a suite do you get double the minibar setup?

No double up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Just saw on the news that a couple embarked today & are doing 53 b2b cruises,  don't get off until August 2024. 

Did they win the lotto or rob a bank, lol. Aussies or Yanks?

Edited by NSWP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

It said they were doing 2 world cruises. 

Yes, I was pointing out how far out their trip was going.

Yeah some would struggle with that amount of time.

But if someone was willing to pay for it, i would happily suffer through it.🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ozwoody said:

Yes, I was pointing out how far out their trip was going.

Yeah some would struggle with that amount of time.

But if someone was willing to pay for it, i would happily suffer through it.🤣

I would do it, any benefactors out there?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aussie Gal said:

We will be in a Vista Suite on Caribe Deck on the 3rd July Voyage for 7 days.  Thanks for confirming that we will be eating in the Bayou Cafe on the first night as I booked that just in case it was gratis though I am disappointed that they have moved some of the Creole dishes off the menu as apparently that is one of the specialities in that restaurant. 

We love Club Class and are looking forward to our lunch there on boarding day. Also, I am glad to hear that we can still get the coffee cards if we decide to change one of our two fridge setups.  

Have a wonderful cruise and I hope that your changeover in 3 days time runs smoothly.  

At the moment we are up in Main Beach and loving the wonderful weather. We move to Mooloolaba for a week on Sunday and then we fly back to Melbourne for 6 days before flying to Brisbane for our cruise. We are hoping this glorious weather lasts for the next few weeks.

 

Jennie

Jennie, stay up there, don't come back to Melbourne. It is so miserable, raining on and off, although not quite as cold today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Jennie, stay up there, don't come back to Melbourne. It is so miserable, raining on and off, although not quite as cold today.

We are watching the footy and haven't seen it so wet at the MCG!  if we had worked it better we could have spent another few days up here and then driven to Brisbane.   We need to return to get out "glad rags" for the cruise. We booked the cruise in March whereas we booked up here a year or so ago.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

Just saw on the news that a couple embarked today & are doing 53 b2b cruises,  don't get off until August 2024. 

I guess I will see them on a couple of cruises later in the year. They would be a great couple to have in your trivia group, and they must be winging it on the insurance front.

 

Even if I won powerball, that doesn't appeal to me - repeating the same ports, daily activities and meals for over a year. I might also be inclined to put on a couple of kilos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Anyway, if they don't start out as the Most Travelled Passenger, they soon will be. 🙂

Buckley's of us getting the cheap bottle of bubbly. They could end up with a couple of cases of them to take home, or they might let them swap for coffee cards 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I guess I will see them on a couple of cruises later in the year. They would be a great couple to have in your trivia group, and they must be winging it on the insurance front.

 

Even if I won powerball, that doesn't appeal to me - repeating the same ports, daily activities and meals for over a year. I might also be inclined to put on a couple of kilos.

Even though I love cruising I also love our land trips. I like the mixture of trips here in Australia, to Bali, Phuket etc interspersed with cruising. Also being on the one ship for 2 years would be extremely boring, I like to have a change of ships and cruise lines.. They are really.using the ship as their home. I couldn't leave our family or our friends for that amount of time either. As we will be on the Coral for a couple of cruises, I am sure we will see them around the ship.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With 53 B2B cruises, you would want to hope you get the same cabin throughout... packing everything up once a week would get annoying very quickly 🤪

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Cbtours said:

We’re on four B2B so I’m very keen to report in the changeover process. We have to change cabin for second cruise but then go back into the first one gir the final two cruises

I have the same cabin for my BtoB cruises in July but someone mentioned that this time I would need to pack up and get off the ship with my luggage in between the cruises. I would be interested to know if that is true.

Thanks for your report!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I'm not jealous. I could do it if I wanted to. Although I love cruising, I would find it very repetitious after the first several months. The other aspect is that I enjoy spending time with our family and wouldn't be satisfied with a quick catch-up when the ship came into Brisbane between cruises.

 

Anyway, if they don't start out as the Most Travelled Passenger, they soon will be. 🙂

One thing not to be jealous about - managing the medallion app for 53 cruises. Mine looks busy enough now with 4 cruises on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aussie Gal said:

Even though I love cruising I also love our land trips. I like the mixture of trips here in Australia, to Bali, Phuket etc interspersed with cruising. Also being on the one ship for 2 years would be extremely boring, I like to have a change of ships and cruise lines.. They are really.using the ship as their home. I couldn't leave our family or our friends for that amount of time either. As we will be on the Coral for a couple of cruises, I am sure we will see them around the ship.

I agree with that. If I had the means, I could go 50/50, but it would be spread out over at least 30 ships/7 lines and doing land trips and time at home among it.

 

 Good luck to them though, as it must be something they really want to do. Lets just hope that they don't continue to chop up or alter the upcoming itineraries.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How would you even organise such a thing?????  Go to your travel agent and ask them to organise the next x number of  cruises on a certain ship? Does the cruiseline even know what they are doing with that ship so far out??  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

How would you even organise such a thing?????  Go to your travel agent and ask them to organise the next x number of  cruises on a certain ship? Does the cruiseline even know what they are doing with that ship so far out??  

It would likely be easier than stitching together a trip through Europe, with various flights, transfers and hotels in the mix.

 

You could even line up the same cabin for them all if you acted when the itineraries first came out. Possible that only the first half of those cruises were on the schedule when they first booked, and followed up a year later with the second half. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

To do those 53 B2B cruises over 2 years I would need to take 10 suit cases just for my stay alive pills. How would you get your prescriptions? Ships Medical Centres don't have the full variety.

 

Longest cruise we ever did was 7 weeks on Arcadia in 2012, Sydney to Southampton via Africa, that was long enough thanks, but have done 3 x six week cruises and plenty of 3 and 4 week ones. For me, 3 weeks is just right.

Edited by NSWP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

Buckley's of us getting the cheap bottle of bubbly. They could end up with a couple of cases of them to take home, or they might let them swap for coffee cards 😁

We made the MTP luncheon twice on Princess, but never the 'Most Travelled Passenger.' 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

How would you even organise such a thing?????  Go to your travel agent and ask them to organise the next x number of  cruises on a certain ship? Does the cruiseline even know what they are doing with that ship so far out??  

Forget TA's Barry, do it yourself direct with the cruiseline, way to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hahaha, I  had enough problems getting my head around all the relevant no penalty cancellation dates and payment dates for a couple of Princess cruises, especially when cancellations started happening 🥴 - keeping up with removing no longer relevant dates from both my phone calendar and desktop calendar - a belt and braces cruiser 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Our longest cruise was 76 days, South America. It was a heck of a lot of work researching what to do at all the ports of call, balancing exploring on our own (and making up my own maps for some places), joing private tours (and keeping up with the different organisers), and doing some Princess tours; and also balancing particular places of interest for variety, eg city, scenic, beach, snorkelling, not to mention the different currencies required. Good luck to them 🤗

Will they need their cabin door widened somewhere along the line, hehehe, or will they end up like the cruise ship staff you see in port on their days off at places like Maccers and KFC, just for a break from too much good food?

Edited by Jean C
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Our longest cruise was 76 days, South America. It was a heck of a lot of work researching what to do at all the ports of call, balancing exploring on our own (and making up my own maps for some places), joing private tours (and keeping up with the different organisers), and doing some Princess tours; and also balancing particular places of interest for variety, eg city, scenic, beach, snorkelling, not to mention the different currencies required. Good luck to them 🤗

Will they need their cabin door widened somewhere along the line, hehehe, or will they end up like the cruise ship staff you see in port on their days off at places like Maccers and KFC, just for a break from too much good food?

At least they will give their Elite complimentary laundry a workout, lol.  53 mini bars too, jubbly.

 

They are from Qld, they could even be lurking here on CC, lol.

Edited by NSWP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, queenslander said:

I have the same cabin for my BtoB cruises in July but someone mentioned that this time I would need to pack up and get off the ship with my luggage in between the cruises. I would be interested to know if that is true.

Thanks for your report!

The latest info is that you don't back up between cruises if they only went to domestic ports, but that you have to pack up if the ship goes to international ports. HOWEVER, I feel it is likely that things will be as they always were - no packing up at all between cruises is you are remaining in the same cabin.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Experience more Co-op Holidays
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...