Did anyone on the cruise ship ask for your 2nd ArriveCan?

worldtraveller99

9 hours ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

Hi!  Yes, if your cruise terminates in Vancouver you would need to complete the ArriveCan app within 72 hours of boarding the ship.  This will satisfy the entry into Canada requirement.  🙂

This is good news.  I board in Seward on Friday.  I can complete this at home on Tuesday.  

We were also confused on how to complete the ArrCAN form, we had the app and it was mostly complete but would not allow final completion.  When we arrived at the pier, we had to show our incomplete ArrCAN  app and negative Covid tests letters.  We were told that on the ship in the Conference Room there would be help for ArrCAN for anyone needing it. Ours was completed the next day.  

Edited by GloriaF

If our cruise terminates in Vancouver does it HAVE to be done 72 hours before? We are paying everything for this cruise and bringing our niece who doesn’t live anywhere close to us. I have all of the information and she has nothing. It’s my understanding that she has to do her own. I was planning on her doing it when we arrive in Anchorage 2 days before sailing. Will this be possible? I actually don’t even know what  is all needed so maybe she doesn’t need any cruise information?

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

If our cruise terminates in Vancouver does it HAVE to be done 72 hours before?

No it does not.  It cannot be done prior to 72 hours before you embark.  It can be done anytime between then and your sail date.  You can enter most of your info at any time though (passport, vaccination status etc.)  You just have to do the final health stuff and finish it up within that 72 hour window.  You can also add your niece as a traveler and put her info in on your app.  

Our experience this last week.  We drove through the border on the day of embarkation from Vancouver  with ArrivCan filled out and approved.  
No one asked for it.  (tied to the passport?). 

We did not update it for the cruise, truly can't remember if it was asked for.

Some of our group rented cars and drove to Carcross from Skagway.  It was not updated and border patrol did not ask for it.

We flew back to Vancouver to get our cars with a stop in Seattle.  The airline agents at the gate in Seattle were the only ones who wanted to see it. 

On 6/15/2022 at 7:45 PM, Tiggerontheseas said:

I think that's a little harsh.  I'm Canadian and have used the ArriveCan app many times but I completely understand the frustration and confusion surrounding having to submit multiple trips like this.  Heck, as familiar as I am with the app I am still stumped on how to complete the Northbound cruise to Alaska when there is no marine entry into Canada.   

There is a section of the app that lists a map with the marine entry points.  Locate the Vancouver port and select that.

Then in the section where it asks where you will be after entering the country, use this address of the cruise port:

999 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E1, Canada
Hope this helps! I struggled for days to complete the requirement and no one asked to physically see it!

On 6/16/2022 at 1:55 AM, worldtraveller99 said:

Thank you very much katrina915, Tiggerontheseas and especially Gramma of Boys. That is exactly what I thought - if it's a LeaveCam, I guess I will put the ship name as our residence, for the 3 hours it is in port before it leaves for Alaska. But what if they want an address? I guess I put Canada Place. It seems so silly and I am very glad that it is odds on that no-one will ask to see it.

I am very happy to show our vaccination certificates, and if they still insist, our, hopefully, negative test results.

I think you are supposed to put in your ship and stateroom number