Queens Grill - Your favourite experiences

SouthWestBoy

We’re heading off on our first Queens Grill trip in October and would like to know some of your best memories of it to get us excited. What have you ordered off menu that’s made your cruise or what’s your favourite thing to do whilst sailing and being treated like royalty?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

It depends on the ship, but, on the Vistas, the Upper Terrace is great on a warm sunny day, especially when the ice creams arrive at about 3pm.

Sounds wonderful. We are off on the Queen Victoria

Another strangely enjoyable moment is lunch on the first day. There is nothing particuarly exciting about the meal itself, but there is a wonderful feeling of relief that the hassles of embarkation are over, you really are aboard, and, while you sip the first glass of wine, you have the whole voyage ahead of you, with days of cosseting to look forward to. It is tranquil and serene and much nicer than finding something to eat in the busy Lido.

• Like 3

It’s fun to anticipate and plan for an upcoming cruise! Especially in these times. We all enjoy exchanging thoughts and experiences. I think it’s impossible to generalize what people have and haven’t experienced. Times  have changed and the onboard experience has evolved. 
i have been on these forums over twenty years and sailed Cunard twenty years before that ( a few small ships and the QE2). 
I am happy that someone  started this thread! I did a back to back a few years back on the QM in the PG and am excited to do the RT from NYC to the Caribbean in November in the QG.

It’s too darn quiet in the forums. It’s time for a spirited “can I wear my designer jeans in the DR” or the ever popular “tips should be included”. I especially like this one when we get the kiwis, Brit’s and Americans taking their customary roles.

On food, I like a nice cold seafood platter with really big prawns and a half a lobster, etc, 

Edited by Jacqueline
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, techteach said:

Is there anything specific to say when ordering the curry?

On QV, Sandro has organised some very good Italian and Indian evenings for the table. We left it to him to sort the menu.

• Like 1

For us the best part of the Grills features are the sole use of midships decks 11 and 12. You’ll be given a dedicated ships pass which allows access to these decks by lift. Two lovely restaurants and a central lounge ( with bar) and best of all, the hidden open air courtyard  where you can enjoy a tasty lunch, perfect in good weather. 

There are other great features, but nice to discover them for yourselves. 

• Like 1

I really don't like to have to do this but please read our guidelines, particularly the sections on hijacking and board management.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/guidelines/

The title of this thread is Queens Grill - Your favourite experiences.

If you want to discuss something else, please start your own thread.

Thank you for your assistance

Sorry to be the naysayer, but I was somewhat disappointed with the QG experience on the QM2.  I much prefer the QG on the Queen Elizabeth.  The location of the QG on QM2 (deck 7) is not great.   Because Deck 7 is the "promenade deck," the windows are not directly overlooking the ocean, but are overlooking the deck and the people walking and running by.  I don't want to common folk staring in while I eat.  The QG should be in a more private and exclusive location. The QG lounge on QM2 is not great either.  Although it is supposed to be restricted, it is wide open to others.  Of course, the food is terrific and the staff is top notch.  Beef Wellington and Baked Alaska for me!!!

Edited by thumbun