Parkas for the Silversea Expedition sailings

grifflee

Anyone had experience with the sizing for the Parkas?  It says they are designed to take into account for layering.  I am a man, usually wear XL shirts, sweaters, jackets, etc, however with their guidelines, I would order a Large?  It does sound like you are able to exchange them onboard if the size is incorrect.

Yes, don't worry. Before your cruise at least 30 days, order your size from MySilversea/Gear Shop. When you arrive onboard, try it on but DO NOT REMOVE ANY TAGES. If its wrong, notify your Butler and he will change it out for you.  Have a nice time...

In addition to the great advice from carefreecruise, keep in mind when you try the parka on that you will be wearing various layers underneath it much of the time--so it may actually need to be a larger size that what you usually wear--I needed the next larger size up for that reason.

2 hours ago, taxatty said:

In addition to the great advice from carefreecruise, keep in mind when you try the parka on that you will be wearing various layers underneath it much of the time--so it may actually need to be a larger size that what you usually wear--I needed the next larger size up for that reason.

...... and there is nothing worse than a jacket which is too tight particularly when you are wanting to be warm, you need some movement and air flow between the layers to keep you super cosy.    

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - so I am female and short, but just as a reference to the unisex sizes, I found a Medium to be the right size.  I wore it in May of this year.  I am usually a Women's size 12.

This was the recommended size according to the sizing chart. 

I would recommend taking an XL if that's your normal size or check the sizing chart carefully.

Leave the tags on so you can swap it out if necessary.