QM2 to miss Flaam

sogne

56 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Here's the rainy view this afternoon as seen on the Flam Webcam hosted by the "Norway's best" website. The ship in this view instead of QM2 is MS Deutschland. Weatherwise it looks like you've managed to turn lemons into lemonade with the port change today from Flam to Stavanger.

307668123_DeutschlandFlam2022-06-18.thumb.jpg.58964ee94bba6ece35e484ea3329e6c7.jpg

Yes fine day historic ships parade and I renewed some SAR contacts good 4cast 4 Olden

😷 I‘m currently in Quarantine onboard QM2, missing not just Flam. I was tested positive at the begin of the Cruise. Sitting on the balcony looking at life in sunny  Olden, eating too much for someone not allowed to leave the cabin. Staff does  its best, cannot complain. But how sad for the first real Holiday since the begin of the pandemic...

6 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I'm so sorry to hear that, how disappointing for you.  I hope you're feeling OK and being looked after.

Thank you, yes, I am feeling better. Fever is gone, a strong cold remains for now. 
but the whole cruise is wasted. Looks like there are about another dozen Passengers or so also affected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, QM1 said:

Thank you, yes, I am feeling better. Fever is gone, a strong cold remains for now. 
but the whole cruise is wasted. Looks like there are about another dozen Passengers or so also affected.

This is miserable for you. I much admire your positive and philosophical approach,  and hope you are able to find another cruise soon.

QM1, I empathize with you!  I spent 10 days in #5079, looking at Norway, while my husband who tested negative got to take tours and enjoy himself in Norway.  We were on the 21 day, NYC to Southampton to Norway and back to NYC, May 15-June 5.

I tested positive on May 21 and was isolated that day, not released until May 31.  I never even felt sick….no aches, fever or cough (and I have asthma so I normally cough a lot with any infection.).  It was a very weird experience,  and to be turned loose after 10 days with no restrictions at all felt even weirder!

An interesting point that I don’t think has been made here:  we were told that if my husband had opted to isolate with me, we would have to sign a waiver as we were choosing to expose him and thus increasing his risk of getting Covid himself.  (He was tested every morning for 5 days to make sure he was not infected.). That is why we chose to separate, as Cunard’s medical staff strongly recommended it.

The hardest part for me was opening the door and carrying the heavy tray over to the table in my room.  I stopped ordering coffee or tea as they always sent a big heavy carafe and two cups and saucers with it….too heavy!  From then on I just requested tea bags and boiled water in the room myself.

Sorry it happened to someone else…..Olden looked lovely from the balcony, and I hope to get back there someday!

Barbara M. In NH

• Like 1

Hi Barbara,

well, you endured the same. Not advisable😉. I am in 5063. Its a beautiful day. Out there. My Partner is also in quarantine, Next door. She is negative so free to move. But she is not allowed into the Restaurants. Same as the couple on the other side, where the man caught COVID-19 at the end of the TA before.

20 minutes ago, sogne said:

We were joined by FO Balmoral @ 1100 approx  she left Bergen at normal time 18th rumour mill (amazing isn't it ) that she diverted from Flaam.

I don't think Balmoral actually diverted from Flam. The Balmoral itineraries I'm finding indicate this was the planned itinerary for her current "7 Night Norwegian Fjords and Mighty Waterfalls" cruise.

15 June: Newcastle

17 June: Eidfjord

18 June: Bergen

19 June: Olden

20 June: Andelsnes

22 June: Newcastle

Balmoral's past track indicates she departed the dock at Bergen approximately 6:00pm yesterday. There is a lengthy diversion in her track where she started slowing about 7:45pm and then turned back about 9:30pm. After sailing slowly back toward Bergen, and getting to within about 8 NM of Bergen, she altered course back toward Olden around 12:30am.

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

I don't think Balmoral actually diverted from Flam. The Balmoral itineraries I'm finding indicate this was the planned itinerary for her current "7 Night Norwegian Fjords and Mighty Waterfalls" cruise.

15 June: Newcastle

17 June: Eidfjord

18 June: Bergen

19 June: Olden

20 June: Andelsnes

22 June: Newcastle

Balmoral's past track indicates she departed the dock at Bergen approximately 6:00pm yesterday. There is a lengthy diversion in her track where she started slowing about 7:45pm and then turned back about 9:30pm. After sailing slowly back toward Bergen, and getting to within about 8 NM of Bergen, she altered course back toward Olden around 12:30am.

I knew would sort it  i was 2 busy enjoying the excellent day in Olden. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, QM1 said:

😷 I‘m currently in Quarantine onboard QM2, missing not just Flam. I was tested positive at the begin of the Cruise. Sitting on the balcony looking at life in sunny  Olden, eating too much for someone not allowed to leave the cabin. Staff does  its best, cannot complain. But how sad for the first real Holiday since the begin of the pandemic...

What do you mean you tested positive at the begining of the cruise? Did you test positive when the ship was still in port or the first night or day after it had sailed?

6 hours ago, ace2542 said:

What do you mean you tested positive at the begining of the cruise? Did you test positive when the ship was still in port or the first night or day after it had sailed?

I checked in at 3 pm, went to the cabin, slept two hours, woke up with slight fever. Then someone send me the news that a relative I had met a few days before tested positive. I then called the doctor on QM2, got tested, and about 9 pm or so got the result and was put under quarantine, my partner separated. The ship left Hamburg the next morning at 8. 

15 minutes ago, QM1 said:

I checked in at 3 pm, went to the cabin, slept two hours, woke up with slight fever. Then someone send me the news that a relative I had met a few days before tested positive. I then called the doctor on QM2, got tested, and about 9 pm or so got the result and was put under quarantine, my partner separated. The ship left Hamburg the next morning at 8. 

Why did you  not get off the ship in Hamburg or could you not get off the ship after the positive test?

First they said I must stay on board. But I asked to disembark and they tried. But overnight nothing could be arranged beside a 1000 Euro Special transport back home, 5 hours south. No option of course. I am not allowed on public transport, and who would have rented me a car? My Hamburg friends are on holiday, too. So they was no Choice really.

• Like 2

He could not hire a car because he was positive I suspect as per German restrictions. If you had read the explanation to your first question you should have been able to work it out for yourself.(post 42) As I assume he is disembarking in Hamburg Wednesday I suspect he is  busy.

@sogne, did you stay up to see QV passing you on your way into Hamburg? I was watching vicariously on marinetraffic. It looks like the two ships passed each other about 12:15am local time east of Heligoland Bight. QV is on her way to Copenhagen. I think this is a first for the current Cunard fleet where two ships are/were visiting Hamburg on consecutive days.

7 hours ago, bluemarble said:

@sogne, did you stay up to see QV passing you on your way into Hamburg? I was watching vicariously on marinetraffic. It looks like the two ships passed each other about 12:15am local time east of Heligoland Bight. QV is on her way to Copenhagen. I think this is a first for the current Cunard fleet where two ships are/were visiting Hamburg on consecutive days.

On deck 4 pilot @2330 saw QV ahead but not passing

On 6/21/2022 at 4:53 PM, sogne said:

He could not hire a car because he was positive I suspect as per German restrictions. If you had read the explanation to your first question you should have been able to work it out for yourself.(post 42) As I assume he is disembarking in Hamburg Wednesday I suspect he is  busy.

Exactly. I disembarked the normal way this morning.

Staff was always very friendly. There were a few little miscommunications, that was all. Nothing that caused trouble.  I am not left with any bad feelings.

• Like 2