Mary 2 - pool

Guppy99

I'm considering a transatlantic on the Mary 2. I viewed the website, but its not clear to me whether there is an indoor pool/solarium which is heated on board. Can someone who has been on her before let me know?

23 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

I'm considering a transatlantic on the Mary 2. I viewed the website, but its not clear to me whether there is an indoor pool/solarium which is heated on board. Can someone who has been on her before let me know?

Guppy,

There is a indoor pool called the Pavilion Pool on Deck 12 by the Elevator Bank B. Also has a Bar.

The band that plays in the G32 Disco plays there during the day.

Also you lay around and also play Table Tennis.

If you sail on a day which is just right they will open the Retractable Roof to the open air.

And yes there are other pools on the rear decks.

image.thumb.jpeg.738e5d0d3d24750c758d2e74f235154a.jpeg

• Like 1

The other indoor pool is on deck 7, as part of the spa's thermal suite [extra cost for admission, included with *some* spa services]

Back in 2017 on our westbound crossing there were folks using the 'Terrace' pool and hot tubs on deck 8, even when high winds had closed access to the deck 7 promenade.

21 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

The indoor, deck 12 pool, is very popular with children. It's really a play pool and not for serious swimmers.

I am hoping there will not be many children on board. On Celebrity the indoor solarium pool (heated, salt water) is adults only. The only place I quite like being adults only. But...I'm not a swimmer...more of a bouncer. Don't like splashing, jumping, and loud noise at the pool though.

On my transatlantics, Ive done many, I never saw many children. I often used the deck 12 indoor pool. I never saw many  children there. But I avoided the holiday season,  I normally travelled may or october / november. The Deck 12 Pool is deep enough but of course of limited size. As far as I remember the outdoor pools aft are heated, too. But in the cold winds only the very brave made it across the deck into the pool....

Last week Pavilion Pool and hot tubs were working. Pool was just warm enough to swim round in circles but chilly if just standing in it. Hot tubs were lovely. There weren't many young children on board.

On 6/16/2022 at 5:48 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

If you sail on a day which is just right they will open the Retractable Roof to the open air.

Most of my QM2 trips have been NYC-Caribbean and I've never seen the roof open. If they are opening it that's great but I had concluded that there was a technical issue preventing the roof from opening.

11 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Most of my QM2 trips have been NYC-Caribbean and I've never seen the roof open. If they are opening it that's great but I had concluded that there was a technical issue preventing the roof from opening.

Probably how much power it would take to open and close likely thousands of kwh. It apparently takes 30k kwh to open and close the roof of an english soccer stadium which is why they sometimes don't do it.

18 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Sorry you did not experience it. We had it opened 3 times on Carib sailings. Opened it around 8AM then pool opened to passengers 10AM.

Once on traveling and 2 times standing still off the coast of St. Thomas.

It was more crowded than the outside ones with music and the bar opened. People were coming and going from the Sun Deck 13 to a splash. 

6 hours ago, ljbc said:

Just back from QM2 transatlantic 2 way. There is a solarium with a very nice fresh water pool. However it is NOT heated I’m afraid. 

laura

Laura, do you know what the cost is for a daily pass to the hydrotherapy pool at the spa is?

37 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

Single or multi-day passes.

1 day $35, 3 days $70, 5 days $120, 10 days $190, 20 days $285.

If your sailing is multi segment, check how many days the pass applies.

In 2019, we were sailing on a NYC-Hamburg round trip, and bought a 7 day pass.

We used the first three days on the eastbound crossing. When we attempted to use the pass between Hamburg & Southampton the spa folks told us it was expired.

The folks at the Purser's desk were able to straighten things out so we didn't loose the other four days.

10 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

If your sailing is multi segment, check how many days the pass applies.

In 2019, we were sailing on a NYC-Hamburg round trip, and bought a 7 day pass.

We used the first three days on the eastbound crossing. When we attempted to use the pass between Hamburg & Southampton the spa folks told us it was expired.

The folks at the Purser's desk were able to straighten things out so we didn't loose the other four days.

Thank you! Small price to pay for a daily warm swim,.