Why is Corfu cancelled in 20/6 cruise?

Bra_BE2014

Hello, currently onboard 10 day cruise that departed on 20/6 from Rome. When checking the app I saw Corfu became a second sea day. There were no announcements and most of the passengers seems unaware. Shore excursion desk claims not knowing what happened. Anybody knows by any chance? Was it the same in the previous cruises? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Bra_BE2014 said:

Hello, currently onboard 10 day cruise that departed on 20/6 from Rome. When checking the app I saw Corfu became a second sea day. There were no announcements and most of the passengers seems unaware. Shore excursion desk claims not knowing what happened. Anybody knows by any chance? Was it the same in the previous cruises? Thanks!

It did not make national news here, so not a clue. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We're on the 3rd August sailing out of Rome and got an email last week to say Corfu had been dropped and replaced with a sea day.

Also longer stops in Valetta and Mykonos.

Looking at the NCL website, it's been dropped from every NCL Escape cruise this summer and replaced with a sea day.

No idea why though??

• Like 2

The long dog-leg to get to Corfu got me doing some rough calculations.

On the original schedule, I think that Mykonos-Corfu and Corfu-Valetta would both require an average of about 19 knots. Without adjusting the Mykonos departure and Valetta arrival times, Mykonos-Valetta would only require about 12 knots.

I don't think that any of the other sectors of the cruise would require an average speed of as much as 19 knots. Even the long haul from Rome to Santorini looks like it's only about 17.5 knots. But this is all very approximate back-of-the-envelope stuff.

9 hours ago, Bra_BE2014 said:

The European way of writing dates is so different than what we are used to. I'm willing to bet more than a few CCers looked at your topic heading and wondered

"what in God's name is this post all about?" Until they take the time to find out where you are from. And those that don't take the time are probably still trying to figure it out!! 

11 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

The European way of writing dates is so different than what we are used to. I'm willing to bet more than a few CCers looked at your topic heading and wondered "what in God's name is this post all about?"

Now you know how the rest of the world feels when seeing the dates that Americans write!

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

On 6/21/2022 at 9:18 AM, fowler9 said:

We're on the 3rd August sailing out of Rome and got an email last week to say Corfu had been dropped and replaced with a sea day.

Also longer stops in Valetta and Mykonos.

Looking at the NCL website, it's been dropped from every NCL Escape cruise this summer and replaced with a sea day.

No idea why though??

We are on the Escape leaving Rome on July 10 and Corfu is still on our itinerary.  We had a couple other small itinerary changes but not that.

1 hour ago, pno4te said:

We are on the Escape leaving Rome on July 10 and Corfu is still on our itinerary.  We had a couple other small itinerary changes but not that.

So it is. Sorry.

Just seems to be the 10 day cruises affected 

9 hours ago, fowler9 said:

So it is. Sorry.

Just seems to be the 10 day cruises affected 

No apology necessary! I wonder if it is the distance to or from Corfu from the ports on either side of the stop there that is affecting the ability to port there?  It is the only thing I can think of!

2 hours ago, jcann4444 said:

Corfu cancelled on July 10 from Rome. Now will spend the day in Montenegro

We’re very disappointed about missing Corfu and unhappy with the substitution.  Does anyone know why ncl is cancelling corfu from so many itineraries?  

7 hours ago, MochaChip23 said:

We’re very disappointed about missing Corfu and unhappy with the substitution.  Does anyone know why ncl is cancelling corfu from so many itineraries?  

Disappointed here as well...but waiting for more details on options in Montenegro.