Airline to Tahiti

Cherber

I will be going on my first Paul Gauguin cruise next year which I booked through their website.  My question is do most of you book your own airline or do you go through Paul Gauguin website and let them do it all?  I know Tahiti air nui is out of Los Angeles and United is out of San Francisco any other airline fly there and which would you suggest?  All help is appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Cherber said:

I will be going on my first Paul Gauguin cruise next year which I booked through their website.  My question is do most of you book your own airline or do you go through Paul Gauguin website and let them do it all?  I know Tahiti air nui is out of Los Angeles and United is out of San Francisco any other airline fly there and which would you suggest?  All help is appreciated. 

ATN

United

Air France

French Bee

Hawaiian 

Those are the major carriers. 

ATN and United use the 787-900 ... best plane in the air for quietness, visibility and air circulation 😉

Add to the list: Air Tahiti Nui will be adding twice weekly direct flights from Seattle. Scroll down on this page for the schedule

https://www.airtahitinui.com/us-en/flight-schedule

Also, ATN is now an Alaska partner, so you can get mileage credit on ATN via an Alaska Airlines ff account.

Edited by Mercruiser

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
16 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

Are the costs doing air through PG wildly higher than booking on your own? Thinking about doing PG for the first time and not sure which way to go - haven't spoken with them yet. 

Not that I've seen in the past, no.  It may depend partly on what class of seat you want. Not sure if PG offers Premium Economy or Business upgrades.  We've chosen PE several times on Air France and found it was a pretty good deal after we declined air with PG.

• Thanks 1