Jump to content
,

Flying out of Schiphol Airport Amsterdam


Recommended Posts

Hopefully things will be better by September as typical summer holiday season will be over.  I imagine you will have a separate queue to check in but after that as far as I was aware, everyone was in the same boat. There was only one line to get through security as far as I could see.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, samplecd02 said:

We are going to be flying Delta with Sky Priority/ Business. Is there a different line for that?

For those having SkyPriority there is a seperate check in area and also a separate  dedicated SkyPriority security. The SkyPriority check in area is clearly marked and there is staff checking to see if you’re eligible to enter this area. They will also be able to direct you to the dedicated SkyPriority security line, should you not be able to find it. 
The lines for those having SkyPriority are considerably shorter. You should be more than fine arriving 4 hours before your flight and will very likely also have time to visit the lounge once airside. 

Edited by Dutch_Travelgirl
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have SkyPriority for our flight home out of AMS this Sunday off our Arctic Circle cruise. I'll be looking for the info above...so thanks.

 

However I must say even though we were prepared for a long wait when we arrived into AMS a couple of weeks ago it was crazy that we had to stand in line for almost 3 hours just to get through immigration and then find our luggage just to get out of this airport !!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’re flying United and are Premium 1K members, would we have access to a priority lane too? I know Sky Priority is for Air France/KLM, I have this status too, though I’ll be on United this time. Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

We have SkyPriority for our flight home out of AMS this Sunday off our Arctic Circle cruise. I'll be looking for the info above...so thanks.

 

However I must say even though we were prepared for a long wait when we arrived into AMS a couple of weeks ago it was crazy that we had to stand in line for almost 3 hours just to get through immigration and then find our luggage just to get out of this airport !!! 

Ashland, sometimes it must depend on timing. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon, luggage was waiting and no queues at border control. It lulled us into a false sense of security and we got our comeuppance when we flew back home on Monday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2022 at 1:09 PM, Scottishclover said:

Ashland, sometimes it must depend on timing. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon, luggage was waiting and no queues at border control. It lulled us into a false sense of security and we got our comeuppance when we flew back home on Monday.

Yes it absolutely does. Our departure yesterday Sunday Aug 7th was easier and quicker than I could have imagined. We were off the ship at 7:30am and in the airport lounge by 9:00am. What a difference timing can make. I had been so worried about departure and it was the arrival that shocked us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, prish said:

Any recent updates of the situation at Schiphol departures? We sail on the Apex this afternoon and fly back home on August 20. 

How recent do you want? As I posted above I just flew from there last Sunday the 7th. 

Regardless with what happens from one day to the next can vary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Ashland, yes, I saw your earlier post. I meant in the last few days. 
 

We’re flying United, so departures hall 3, which is supposed to be less crowded and busy than halls 1&2, which are for the European airlines. We’re also Premier 1K priority passengers, so am hoping that’ll help too. But as you and others say, it’s the luck of the draw and timing, as some parts of the day can be much less busy than others. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

An update on Schiphol this morning. We self disembarked at 6.45 and got to the airport in a pre-booked taxi. Terminal 3 as we’re flying United, check-in was easy as we’re Premium 1K. We were through security and passport control and at the lounge by 8, the whole process took less than 40-45 minutes. 
 

The airport is quite crowded and busy, but lines not too long, definitely nothing like what I had feared. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, prish said:

An update on Schiphol this morning. We self disembarked at 6.45 and got to the airport in a pre-booked taxi. Terminal 3 as we’re flying United, check-in was easy as we’re Premium 1K. We were through security and passport control and at the lounge by 8, the whole process took less than 40-45 minutes. 
 

The airport is quite crowded and busy, but lines not too long, definitely nothing like what I had feared. 

That is good to hear.

Have a safe flight home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Curious as to what Schipol us like now for travel back to the US on Delta is currently like for someone that is traveling that does not have status with an airline that only has Comfort Plus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2022 at 10:53 AM, mauimary said:

Curious as to what Schipol us like now for travel back to the US on Delta is currently like for someone that is traveling that does not have status with an airline that only has Comfort Plus. 


We were lucky and made it to the lounge in about 40 minutes Saturday morning. But an hour or two later several others from our cruise took 3-4 hours from kerb to gate. One couple stood in line for over an hour before they could even get into the terminal, they arrived at 11.30 for a 16.30 flight and got through security only at 15.30! 
 

We flew United, out of Terminal 3, which is said to be relatively less crowded. Our taxi driver told us Terminals 1&2 are much busier, with the longest lines. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, prish said:


We were lucky and made it to the lounge in about 40 minutes Saturday morning. But an hour or two later several others from our cruise took 3-4 hours from kerb to gate. One couple stood in line for over an hour before they could even get into the terminal, they arrived at 11.30 for a 16.30 flight and got through security only at 15.30! 
 

We flew United, out of Terminal 3, which is said to be relatively less crowded. Our taxi driver told us Terminals 1&2 are much busier, with the longest lines. 

Doesn’t sound like it has improved any. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heads up - anyone having issues with airline flights missed at end of cruise in Amsterdam....

We arrived from our ship at 7:30 - 8:00 for an 11:15 flight, and I was stuck in the excessively long line for security at Schiphol on Jul 2nd. missed our flights, as did most people in that line of over 1000 people (no exaggeration!). My trip insurance refused to cover the unexpected expense of 2 nights in a hotel in Amsterdam due to earliest rebooking was for July 4th. I am now claiming through the Schiphol Airport. Use this website: www. Schiphol.nl/compensation.  These people are very responsive through emails, and I am now waiting on their decision. Also, I had to get the international wiring instructions from my USA bank to give them so they can forward compensation. If you're in Europe and your bank has an IBAN number you are all set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Experience more Co-op Holidays
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...