Dilemma: hubby & I are Rockstars; sadly, our travel mates are not😳😢

ramidon1

How will this affect our Experience?  Will they be “allowed” to come to our terrace & help us with our bar consumption?  I would guess they could not go to Richards Rooftop…..

anyone know if I can book a table for 4 of us?  On that note, there are only very early times open 40 ish days until sailing.  Will later times open up likely?

thanks for any insight

• Like 1

Anyone you wish may come to your private space--your cabin and terrace. And you can serve them anything you wish.  You can order room service and all can eat it in your suite or on your terrace.  No, they will not be permitted in restricted public spaces like Richard's Rooftop.  Depending on your Rockstar level, your booking may include other perks such as use of the thermal suite at no additional charge; your friends can pay for a time slot in the suite.  The app will likely not allow you to reserve a table for 4, but your rockstar host will fix this for you after you board (you'll have a rockstar meeting and they will fix any reservations that need attention). They can adjust times for those that you've already booked and essentially do whatever it takes to get the ressies you want.

If you are 40 days out, you should be able to reserve for 4 since you are within the booking window for your friends as well.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 3

I’m in the same boat.  Three couples and two couples are in suites.  The third couple wanted to save money without doing any research regarding perks that come with suites.  Yes, they can afford a siite.   A few weeks away from departure and we are realizing threw a monkey wrench in the vacation.  We are all schedule to dine together. But we may  have to pass on some perks in order not to isolate them. 

On 6/25/2022 at 9:32 AM, ramidon1 said:

I would guess they could not go to Richards Rooftop…..

It's easier to seek forgiveness than ask permission. If someone did ask about it, I imagine you could flash your bracelet and say 'they're with us' and it would be fine. If the resources up there are packed I would say maybe go somewhere else, but otherwise why not. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 9:01 AM, ycl said:

I’m in the same boat.  Three couples and two couples are in suites.  The third couple wanted to save money without doing any research regarding perks that come with suites.  

Interested to know what of the perks for you make it 'worth it'? I did the math for my last cruise, and the premium over a normal balcony didn't seem to add up for me. 

48 minutes ago, scaught said:

Interested to know what of the perks for you make it 'worth it'? I did the math for my last cruise, and the premium over a normal balcony didn't seem to add up for me. 

it'll probably never work out from a math perspective.  we did rockstar instead of regular last time because we had tons of credit, and the softer perks were things like priority access to dining reservations, having our agent (kind of like a concierge) who could move dining and show reservations around for us, private golf cart transport to bimini vs. waiting for the tram, quiet spot at Richard's Rooftop when pool deck got loud, in room bar, more space & a real bed in the room, etc.

we ended up doing mega rockstar for a back to back starting today.  again, definitely doesn't work out from a purely math perspective, but we liked the ability to get whatever drink you want wherever/whenever, spa access, etc.  our agent on our first voyage told us that as megas, your "roadie" (butler) is able to basically get you into whatever you want, even if you don't make reservations before your voyage.

• Like 4

On 6/28/2022 at 5:06 PM, dippyblond said:

I asked the same question during a phone conversation with VV - and was told No they would not be allowed access to Richards Rooftop

The access is via a gate with a touch pad like you have for the room entry. When we were onboard friends may have "tailgated" and ensured the wearables were not being waved in all directions, and of course then who knew or cared.

It was pretty empty but it may be because it was Europe in the spring. 

On 7/6/2022 at 11:41 AM, Lustate said:

The access is via a gate with a touch pad like you have for the room entry. When we were onboard friends may have "tailgated" and ensured the wearables were not being waved in all directions, and of course then who knew or cared.

It was pretty empty but it may be because it was Europe in the spring. 

It seemed almost entirely deserted on our valiant sailing last week. It's not really surprising as the ship wasn't busy enough for the other non-restricted spaces to be full and for a lot of people hanging around a dead "premium" area with no atmosphere is less appealing than joining the unwashed masses in the more lively spaces.

• Like 1