Bar Harbor, Maine 07:00 - 16:00

Zuiderdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0626World.thumb.png.aa6513dcddd82c49eddd957373b2b2f2.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

Another hot day on tap for us today, but maybe some rain 🤞.  Bertie and I will head out for our walk before it gets too hot.

An interesting collection of days.  I like my hair stylist, she does a good job cutting my hair.  I need to forgive and forget.  I don't have a canoe.

If the quote is true, some days I'm very wise.😉

The dinner suggestions sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'll pass on the drink but hope the wine is good and not too expensive.

Another port I have not been to, but would love to visit.  Thanks in advance for pictures.

Prayers for those that need them.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 28

Thank you for the Sunday report, Rich.  I think Forgiveness Day is especially appropriate this week.  I loved to canoe in my younger days, the last time in one was probably on the Amazon in 2011.  I'll salute Beauticians hoping barbers are included as well.  Love the Socrates quote.  I visited Carins on a land trip in 2003 but never on a ship.  I'd enjoy the meal going light on the spice.  My alternative is Chilled Apricot Soup with Snow Egg, Summer Fruit Salad wit Sambuca, and Broiled London Striploin as served on MS Prinsendam May 27, 2015.

Today’s care list:

HAL Sailer DH Nephew Curt with serious mowing accident and new dimentia
Melinda with stage 4 cancer
Tana with new pneumonia
Sam in hospital Covid complications
JazzyV leg infection
Covid in Durango shelter staff
Kazu first anniversary without Jose
Pat with leg issues
From the rotation:
Cruzin Terri with continuing hand problems
Heartgrove brother recovering from PEG insertion
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Bennybear DH with melanoma

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard ktbraun and Nickelpennu

This place as a friendly refuge despite political differences

jayhawk66 in NC Mountains beating the heat
6 days for ski ww (Oosterdam July 2 to 16)
5 days for me (QM2 July 1 to 😎
Bon Voyage Nickelpenny (Westerdam to 7/3) and (Noordam to 7/3 plus land trip)
Welcome home VMAX
StLouisCruisers, Red Haired Lady and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) ,  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4) and Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to 7/9) at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 13

Good afternoon.

It is currently 68°F sunny but windy.

We had a nice church service this morning.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

Never been in a canoe.

Hopefully every day should be forgiveness day although I'm sure we all have experience of when certain things can not be forgiven.

Excellent quote today.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

We were in church early so I took a few photos of our lovely church.

Take care.

Graham.

IMG_20220626_095314.jpg

IMG_20220626_094722.jpg

IMG_20220626_094726.jpg

IMG_20220626_094730.jpg

IMG_20220626_094734.jpg

IMG_20220626_095625.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

Thank for the Fleet Report and the Daily.  The collection of “days” and the quote are always interesting.  Here’s a quote for Forgiveness Day.

"We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning from Bar Harbor.  Thanks for the daily fleet report.   The captain said that there was a chance of rain today. Do far the skies are clear. Today's meal suggestion sounds good.  I'm not sure what we will have for dinner. I hope everyone has a good day tonight. 

20220626_055407.thumb.jpg.8a3f00f4373b4d2776e3f24f0cc10321.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Sunday report, Rich.  I think Forgiveness Day is especially appropriate this week.  I loved to canoe in my younger days, the last time in one was probably on the Amazon in 2011.  I'll salute Beauticians hoping barbers are included as well.  Love the Socrates quote.  I visited Carins on a land trip in 2003 but never on a ship.  I'd enjoy the meal going light on the spice.  My alternative is Chilled Apricot Soup with Snow Egg, Summer Fruit Salad wit Sambuca, and Broiled London Striploin as served on MS Prinsendam May 27, 2015.

Today’s care list:

HAL Sailer DH Nephew Curt with serious mowing accident and new dimentia
Melinda with stage 4 cancer
Tana with new pneumonia
Sam in hospital Covid complications
JazzyV leg infection
Covid in Durango shelter staff
Kazu first anniversary without Jose
Pat with leg issues
From the rotation:
Cruzin Terri with continuing hand problems
Heartgrove brother recovering from PEG insertion
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Bennybear DH with melanoma

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard ktbraun and Nickelpennu

This place as a friendly refuge despite political differences

jayhawk66 in NC Mountains beating the heat
6 days for ski ww (Oosterdam July 2 to 16)
5 days for me (QM2 July 1 to 😎
Bon Voyage Nickelpenny (Westerdam to 7/3) and (Noordam to 7/3 plus land trip)
Welcome home VMAX
StLouisCruisers, Red Haired Lady and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) ,  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4) and Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to 7/9) at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for keeping the lists updated daily Roy.

Graham.

• Like 14

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Our lovely early mornings have returned. Lots of birds singing this morning. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites. Just a routine day here. Gym, groceries, family visits. A dip in the pool. 

Bindi’s boyfriends are both younger men. 🤔 Does that make her a Canine cougar?

410CF2E8-D5AA-48EA-BC91-ACEF44E7373C.jpeg.7f741a55135dde22c34cdcc6c50e4ce3.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Il Marroneto 2016 Madonna delle Grazie

This is a wine for the books. Ultra-superb ratings and a price to match. If I could afford a sip, I would love to try it. This wine can be yours for a mere $419.99!

Winemaker Notes

The northern zone of Montalcino is characterized by high elevation, steep slopes, and cool temperatures. These conditions are idea for creating Brunellos of significant ageing potential, showing complexity, increased aromatics, classic tannic structure and nervy acidity. Madonna delle Grazie displays elaborate florality interplayed with aromas of earth underfoot. Bright cherry, leathery-tones, and pulsating acidity offer the backbeat to the complex perfumes. Expect a precise and pure example of Sangiovese.

Sangiovese’s high natural acidity and complex tannic structure make it an admirable ally to a range of hearty meat or game dishes. Go the traditional route with braised short ribs or Osso Bucco, but don’t be hesitant. Brunello benefits from a straightforward pairing, no artifice – as the Tuscans prefer. Bean and kale soup, papparedelle, or an aged pecorino, are resoundingly local choices.

RP100 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

There it is: that Il Marroneto magic. To my palate, Alessandro Mori's 2016 Brunello di Montalcino Madonna delle Grazie best captures the soaring spirit and ambition of Brunello, made in its purest and most naked form. This vintage is a twin sibling to the 2010 that I awarded a perfect score. Whereas that wine surprised me, appearing with so much unexpected radiance and brilliance, this wine won me over in a more careful, less emotional and more contemplative manner. Having now tasted the 2010 vintage multiple times, I better know what to expect in terms of the near-term aging evolution of the 2016. I know that the laser-sharp purity of the fruit will soften, leading to more nuanced and finessed tones of underbrush, lilac, iron ore and candied orange peel over the next five years. This wine unfolds to show deep complexity up front with buoyant and jovial red fruit at its core. It vibrates with electric energy and charm.

WE100 Wine Enthusiast
This dazzling wine is for Sangiovese purists and fans of extreme finesse. Opening with tantalizing aromas of rose, violet, berry, tilled earth and new leather, it’s youthfully intense but already a classic. Focused, structured and radiant, the chiseled palate delivers cherry, raspberry, licorice and crushed mint before a tobacco close. Taut, refined tannins and bright acidity keep it perfectly balanced. Cellar Selection
D98 Decanter
Trying Il Marroneto’s various lots from cask is a fascinating exercise. They are all similarly located at high altitude, on coarse sand of marine origin and predominantly north facing. While they demonstrate subtle differences, Madonna delle Grazie’s distinct character often merits a separate bottling - as evidenced by the 2016. Aromas take on the darkest, most heady purple flowers tangled up in allspice and smoky incense. It is muscular in frame with firm tannins that stick and grip and don't let go, although it's never brawny, heavy or hard-edged. Currently a mouthful of stones, it reveals a balsamic core and tangy salted plum on the finish.
W&S98 Wine & Spirits

The temperate 2016 growing season has generated much antici-pation among devotees of Brunello di Mon-talcino, and the vintage lives up to its hype with exciting wines like Alessandro Mori’s Brunello from the Madonna delle Grazie vineyard. Il Marroneto lies on the northern side of the village of Montalcino, where cool evening temperatures infused the grapes with electric acidity. That acidity pulses through intensely concentrated dark cherry flavors, the wine slowly revealing scents of lavender and violets as it opens with expo- sure to air. It layers rich fruit tones with notes of licorice, iodine and warm spice that lin-ger on an incredibly long and heady finish. This is a wine that demands some patience but will be worth the wait.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

Good morning,  

Thank you Rich for the list and nice collection of days.

i like my hairdresser.  She’s really great.  

I like the quote.

Forgiveness. When you forgive you not only do it for the person who offended you, but also for yourself.  You are able to let go.  It doesn’t always mean you forget, but you no longer let that person rent space in your head.

I have not been in a canoe.  Does a kayak or a rowboat count?

I will skip the spicy meal.  Spicy and my tummy do not go well together.

A Mexican julep sounds interesting.  I will wait to see what it is like.

I think the wine is above my budget.  I am sure it is good.

Have not been to Cairns.

Prayers for those on the Cares list.

@mamaofami Prayers for Sam’’s recovery from Covid and release from the hospital

@smitty34877Prayers for Tana that she recovers from yet this new bout of pneumonia

@JazzyVhere’s hoping that leg infection clears up

@HAL Sailercontinuing prayers for your nephew

@Heartgroveprayers for your brother

@bennybearPrayers for your DH

@kazuthinking about you and hoping all is going well this weekend

For all celebrating, Cheers.  For those cruising, Enjoy and stay safe,.

Have a wonderful Sunday and God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Great collection of days.  Today is perfect for a canoe ride.  Hopefully all beauticians have today off.  I need to be better at forgiveness.  Schultz from Hogan’s Heros had today’s quote nailed, “I know nothing”!  The meal sounds delicious as do the drink and wine.  I have not been to today’s port and will look forward to seeing the photos.  Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list. Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 27
  • Haha 1

Good morning. It is quite humid already and I was a dripping mess after venturing out for the first dog walk of the day.

The last time I was in a canoe was in Haines, Alaska on an excursion to a glacier. We have not been to the port.I truly believe  in forgiveness  but sometimes  have a huge struggle.I certainly  salute my beautician.

My DH is walking better as the gout slowly resolves.He started taking black cherry extract capsules  as well.Thank you for the suggestion  .

Tana is feeling "a little more human" but has an awful cough.Her fever comes back at night.We again are taking turns to stay with her as there is a lot of anxiety present. We had a great discussion  last night at 3 am   regarding the meaning behind different dreams.We both have had recurring  dreams in the last 3 years that are similar. If I weren't  so tired I would research it further!

I am making bean  and cheese enchiladas  for the group tonight but like the sounds of the recipe.

Enjoy the day everyone 

Terry

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is quite humid already and I was a dripping mess after venturing out for the first dog walk of the day.

The last time I was in a canoe was in Haines, Alaska on an excursion to a glacier. We have not been to the port.I truly believe  in forgiveness  but sometimes  have a huge struggle.I certainly  salute my beautician.

My DH is walking better as the gout slowly resolves.He started taking black cherry extract capsules  as well.Thank you for the suggestion  .

Tana is feeling "a little more human" but has an awful cough.Her fever comes back at night.We again are taking turns to stay with her as there is a lot of anxiety present. We had a great discussion  last night at 3 am   regarding the meaning behind different dreams.We both have had recurring  dreams in the last 3 years that are similar. If I weren't  so tired I would research it further!

I am making bean  and cheese enchiladas  for the group tonight but like the sounds of the recipe.

Enjoy the day everyone 

Terry

Pleased to hear your husband is walking better Terry.

Prayers for dear Tana that her cough goes and her health improves.

Take care

Graham.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Thank for our Daily, Rich and a happy Sunday to all of you from Brampton, Ontario.

I am just sitting outside in my little Oasis (I rise earlier than my hosts).  I slept in late yesterday even with the time change - probably a bit stressed and emotional?

A20DC159-5372-41B8-A4AD-BA55D7B72153.thumb.jpeg.4e9332b521e1b37b4441c24fbfe10343.jpeg

These two are the views from where I am sitting.

6B2EA3BC-2B37-4D73-8E1A-96C6D24D1B15.thumb.jpeg.d8e1559457cee7b2dd12fac518eab01d.jpeg

Jane’s climbing rose bush is gorgeous

E048721C-0347-42F7-B8DF-A44CC3F6D588.thumb.jpeg.c9ec6adec9cfcd8fbf615915cf31304e.jpeg

It’s much hotter here and they are calling for T-storms today when we are expecting guests.  No matter - we’ll be outside and well protected 😉 

BD62BCA6-6EE0-4F72-8109-B9F0079939C6.thumb.jpeg.677867fe22674784021faab3ab081e54.jpeg

They are like me - like to be outside - more room than in the house and much prettier 😉 

For Captain DD fans - here is a pic of when we got our silver medals on the Prinsendam.  Jane & John and I were on our first cruise together and have stayed friends all these years ♥️ Our captain was very kind doing our pics individually as usual and then called us back up for a special picture of the 4 of us (still in the folder) and one of Jane & I.

1DE7B4DE-C9F8-40C4-A693-6EC12F3A2849.thumb.jpeg.45ed0a5151e6475f8ef8d9b5d52e6b24.jpeg

My good friends Georgina and Gerry are coming today.  Georgina & I at the Meet & Greet:

F488BC21-1318-4B30-973F-53863CA0D467.thumb.jpeg.6ea3f808dada68c57583cd466f1afbca.jpeg

Along with my sister and her husband.  If it doesn’t rain there might be some swimming 

7CC3B98B-6F78-4696-9BC9-BF112B704145.thumb.jpeg.cec1f18de5defbeea769a0982f308332.jpeg

or hot tub involved.

C33A4B87-F443-45AC-BE10-98BB6BFCC03B.thumb.jpeg.4a97752ce2813480abcadb664a2f1276.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday all. I’ll probably be catching up at the airport tomorrow (assuming the flight goes 🤞)

• Like 40
  • Thanks 7

20 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida. 

Good quote, those ancient Greek philosophers were pretty smart fellows.

A favorite variaton of mine is, "I know one thing, I know nothing".

Sausage and rigatoni works for me but not too spicy.

Off to church in a few minutes.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 14