Transfers from London airports to Southampton

Papadog

Hi, Can anyone who ever did transfers from NCL from Either Heathrow or Gatwick too Southampton, tell me how long did you have too wait for the transfers

once you left the plane? Did you have to wait for different flights to come in or did every flight have different transfers. 
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

They will leave whenever the bus is full, so you might leave soon, you might have to wait.  If I recall correctly (the airports tend to blur together!) for Heathrow we sat in a waiting area for awhile and they called the bus when there was a big group - they don't have a bus for each flight.

28 minutes ago, Papadog said:

Hi, Can anyone who ever did transfers from NCL from Either Heathrow or Gatwick too Southampton, tell me how long did you have too wait for the transfers

once you left the plane? Did you have to wait for different flights to come in or did every flight have different transfers. 

Thank you

Lots and lots of transfer (and other info) here on the British ports board.  Are NCL transfers even available if you don't come in day of cruise? We are coming in 1 to 2 days early so are doing the National Express bus.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/148-british-isleswestern-europe/

34 minutes ago, Papadog said:

Hi, Can anyone who ever did transfers from NCL from Either Heathrow or Gatwick too Southampton, tell me how long did you have too wait for the transfers once you left the plane? Did you have to wait for different flights to come in or did every flight have different transfers. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

It works like transfers at any airport. You wait for a full bus. If you arrive early in the morning when most flights arrive, buses will fill quickly. After that, there will be waits. Buses are not associated with flights. Just the number of people sitting around waiting. 

16 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Lots and lots of transfer (and other info) here on the British ports board.  Are NCL transfers even available if you don't come in day of cruise? We are coming in 1 to 2 days early so are doing the National Express bus.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/148-british-isleswestern-europe/

I am booked to arrive a day early for my Prima cruise late next year. They booked me for a transfer and said to just go back to the airport to get the bus. I’ll book a hotel once I know which airport. Assuming Gatwick but who knows?

3 hours ago, Papadog said:

Thank you

An an alternative to NCL transfers, we used acquacars.co.uk. They are based in Portsmouth. Maybe a similar bottom line price. There are also several other companies available. Worth giving them a look-see online. Cheers!

12 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

I am booked to arrive a day early for my Prima cruise late next year. They booked me for a transfer and said to just go back to the airport to get the bus. I’ll book a hotel once I know which airport. Assuming Gatwick but who knows?

If you are in central London and need to get back out to either Heathrow or Gatwick for your transfer I would seriously consider just going direct to Southampton instead.

1. Consider the UK Bus transport service from the airports to Southampton, which is National Express UK
  2. www.nationalexpress.com
  3. From Heathrow, the service is direct and less than 2 hours. Large Luggage goes under the bus so no lifting of heavy luggage as you do on the train.
  4. From Gatwick, the service requires a change of bus at Heathrow and is less than 4 hours.
  5. Prices are inexpensive if booked in advance. For example 11 pounds from Heathrow
  6. Buses leave frequently all day.

I agree with @KeithJenner especially if you end up with a Gatwick transfer, it's a pain to get to and a long trip to Southampton. National Express bus or train from central London is much quicker and easier.
If they already booked the transfer and it's from Heathrow it's not much of a hassle to get the underground from central London to Heathrow.