Early Ticketing Flight Ease

mkl55

Hello,

Would someone be kind enough to explain (like I'm a five year old!) the Request Early Ticketing option for Flight Ease.  The context is that my final payment just posted for an October cruise.  With the recent discussion about failure to ticket on some Flight Ease flights, I'm trying to explore my options for ensuring that there are no hiccups.  If I'm understanding correctly, this request can be made after final payment and this somehow ensures that flights have been paid for so no unexpected cancellations occur?  We've used Flight Ease with  no problem many times but the times, they are a changing.  Thank you in advance.

I have found Early Ticketing on Flight Ease to be shaky (slow). But everything at HAL is slow these days. You just have to be patient and keep at it. I am not at all satisfied with their present performance....

Edited by Tennessee Titan
  • Like 1

After making an early final payment for an October cruise, a couple of weeks later I went into the HAL website, looked at my reservation, got into FlightEase, and there was a button you could tap/click marked “request early ticketing.” It went through almost immediately, which made me happy. My flight record on AA showed “ticketed.”

Not out of the woods yet. Recently I just happened to check my record on AA’s site (as I do about once a week) and my ticketed flights were changed mysteriously. No notice from FlightEase nor American then or since. Hiccups. We now have only a 50 minute connection to change flights in different terminals at PHL to proceed to Quebec City. By the way, this will be Saturday of the three-day Columbus Day weekend as well as Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. 

We’ve decided to call next week and insist on an earlier flight the same morning (seats are wide open) which will again restore for us (and our luggage) a more sane three hours to connect.