3-Day Covid Test Requirement for Europe (not Greece)

jchipgcs

For the 3-Day requirement on being Covid tested prior to embarkation is that ANYTIME 3 days before or is it a strict 72 hour before assigned embarkation.

For instance, our Embarkation is 2pm in Venice on July 17th.  We depart the USA at 6:30pm on July 14th. (3 Days Before Embarkation)  If I test the AM of July 14th here in the US, it would be LONGER than 72 hours from embarkation time but still considered "3-Days" prior.  

Any personal experiences on this?

I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow to hear it from the horses mouth.  If I can get one in the US before departing that's my preference.  I'd rather know before I go all the way over for mental health's sake.  LOL  I hope it's "3 Days" so anytime 3 days out vs 72 Hours from embarkation.  Either way, I'll make it work!

In all our travels within Europe (and to Japan) over the past 2 years the govermental rules have always been "within 72 hours" and changes in time zones were exactly calculated. 

I would not risk verbal advice which can not be proven afterwards, nor a different POV by the person checking your documents at embarkation.

I called Seabourn today.  The policy is anytime 3-days or less, not 72 hours from boarding time.  They previously had a 72 hours requirement but it was too cumbersome for guests to calculate out the time changes, specific boarding times so they dropped that.  So for now, as example, I verified that if you had a sailing date of July 17th, testing ANYTIME on the 14th or later will suffice.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regent just announced they are dropping the requirement for a pre-boarding test, unless required by a local country. Perhaps other cruise lines will drop their testing requirements in the near future.

5 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Regent just announced they are dropping the requirement for a pre-boarding test, unless required by a local country. Perhaps other cruise lines will drop their testing requirements in the near future.

Viking dropped their requirement a couple of weeks ago.  HAL and NCL just announced dropping it from MOST European itineraries (not Greece).  It's predicated on the departure countries requirements.  But NCL and HAL won't take effect until August 1.  But yes, I think we're seeing a new trend.

15 hours ago, jchipgcs said:

Viking dropped their requirement a couple of weeks ago.  HAL and NCL just announced dropping it from MOST European itineraries (not Greece).  It's predicated on the departure countries requirements.  But NCL and HAL won't take effect until August 1.  But yes, I think we're seeing a new trend.

Just curious where you got the info on HAL dropping testing for most European itineraries as I've seen nothing other than the three test cruises on Rotterdam in July. On the website, it still lists testing as a requirement in Europe other than the three Rotterdam cruises. Perhaps I have missed something........

7 minutes ago, tjcox9 said:

Just curious where you got the info on HAL dropping testing for most European itineraries as I've seen nothing other than the three test cruises on Rotterdam in July. On the website, it still lists testing as a requirement in Europe other than the three Rotterdam cruises. Perhaps I have missed something........

You are correct.  For now it's just Rotterdam.  Sorry I didn't go into greater details for what each line is doing specifically.  Things seem to be changing every couple of days.  

Hi, we are on this cruise & fly in to Venice on the 13th ( BA allowing). We have contacted our hotel re local pharmacies doing tests, there are several. Maybe contact you hotel, some pharmacies are not open Sat & Sun.

3 hours ago, SAC52 said:

Hi, we are on this cruise & fly in to Venice on the 13th ( BA allowing). We have contacted our hotel re local pharmacies doing tests, there are several. Maybe contact you hotel, some pharmacies are not open Sat & Sun.

Safe travels!  We are going to test here in the US the morning of our flight on the 14th which will put us within the 3 day window.  Chip & Chris from Apollo Beach (Tampa), Florida.  What part of Venice are you staying in?  I'm not sure what the area is called but we're about a 3-4 minute walk to St. Marks Square.